termi use - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: termi use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

termi use

ok, so, im makiing up some army lists. a 500pt one, 750pt one, 1000pts, 1500pts and 2000 pts. i was wondering, are a squad of 6 termis worth having in500pt, 750 pt and 1000pt?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

my personal oppinion is dont use them in a game under 1000points. Also keep them to squads of 5 (+IC if needed!)
    They are too much of a points drain under 1000points. These smaller games need more troop choices to hold those objectives!

at 2000points, you could consider 2squads of 5termies, but you may find a better use for those points in such a large game.

CR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 assult terminators 2 with thunder hammers 3 with lightning clams backed by a chaplin in terminator amour in a land raider crusader will walk thu almost any army however at 1000 pts all u can afford to talk with this are your 2 main troop choices so it does become a major firepoint i only us terminators if 1500pts or more and i back them up with a whirwind and a vindicator, ur oppenant wont know what to shoot at
    Last edited by ROLLO86; September 9th, 2008 at 16:53. Reason: grammer
    blood angels 5000 pts
    imperial guard 500 pts
    orks 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLO86 View Post
    5 assult terminators 2 with thunder hammers 3 with lightning clams backed by a chaplin in terminator amour in a land raider crusader will walk thu almost any army however at 1000 pts all u can afford to talk with this are your 2 main troop choices so it does become a major firepoint i only us terminators if 1500pts or more back them up with a whirwind and a vindicator and ur oppenant wont know what to shoot at

In all honesty, LR are big enough bullet magnets as it is, you put a squad of decked out termies in it and it gets even more love from enemy fire.( In a 2000pt game thats about 1/4 of your points in one spot, just to put that in perspective)

I love the idea behind terminators, but they really do die too easily, and I say this with experience on both side of them. When I play/played my DA, termies never really lasted that long, and with the number of shots brought against them, you couldn't help roll a few ones, and the squad gets whittled down quickly. As a guard player, nothing makes me laugh more than a squad DSing next to my line ready to slaughter my pitiful guard, and end up getting mopped up with lasguns. Quantitiy>Quality. Also keep in mind with 5th ed you can't consolodate into another CC so chances are you will end up stuck right in front of alot of guns (or claws if you are unfortunate enough to run up against some stealers which make a mockery of termie armor). If you aren't using them as a CC unit, they aren't worth the points as a shooting unit because the storm bolters and assault cannon aren't cost effective since you can buy GKs for almost half the price that will do the same thing basically.

Termies can be useful, but I wouldn't bother with any in anything less than a 2000pt game, and as already stated, the points can be better spent elsewhere.
    Battlesuits, putting the BS in BullS*%t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not going to have much in the way of Troops if you take Terminators in 500 points.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

You're not going to have much in the way of Troops if you take Terminators in 500 points.
    in response to that. I play DA and you can get Belial/Deathwing squad/5 man Tac Squad in 500 points

But to the original thread, I have thought of this question A LOT when I decided to start fielding a term squad in my 1000 point list. What I came up with was this;

Terminators are best used between 18-24" and close combat is only after you have lit them up with SB fire. I also dont usually pull my Deathwing Terms out of reserve until around turn 3. I find they EXCELL in clean up. Marine squads and Dreadnaughts are the only supporting cast I use with them. Marines last long enough to do the damage they need to do. A dreadnaught will take fire away from the marines and damage something along the way. By turn 3 the battlefield is more spread out and you can be more particular about where you throw them in.

Anyway, That is how I use mine and it works really well actually.
    Last edited by Brother_Kendo; September 10th, 2008 at 03:46.

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally take 20 terminators in 1500 points XD, look at your opponens face when they deepstrike in!!!!

TERMIS ARE AWESUMMMM USE THEM, ALWAYS!!! YAYAYAYA

+ Reply to Thread