Space Marine HQ Choice ... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marine HQ Choice ...

Hi Thanks For The Help Ive Been Getting On Previous Thread ...

Im Relativley new To SM And Cant Figure Out Which HQ Is Best , Is There A Must Have HQ Choice , Or a Stand Out Character ...

Currently Ive Thought Of Librarian in Termie Armour , And A Chaplain On Jump Pack Atached To an Assault Sqaud Is There a Better Option ....

All Help Apreciated ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind, that with the new Codex due out in october the choices get changed around a bit. Commanders get a better CC stat-line than chaplains. Both of the choices you were considering work well but for different play styles. It depends what you want to do with your army.
    They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my SPESS MAHREENS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

As Altimit said, with the new codex comming out, dont make any commitments just yet, but if you really want to (or have the money to burn if the codex changes your army list!) then there are a few other posts out there i want to draw your attention to (which can be found in the 'Space Marines Index 2008' at the top of the forum!)

a not so brief look at hqs and options
    space marine tactica head quarters

HTH

CR

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Check out the new codex. Are there any hobby stores near you? Every decent store should have an advanced copy you can look at. The special characters are now awesome!

Chaplains are still great. I think Librarians got better because they have cooler powers. Captains are great too, but I would choose a special character and run it. You can choose any special character for your army now, too. For example, you could play Crimson fists but put Marneus Calgar in it (as a crimson fist. maybe call him Marneus Cantor or something!) Plus you could put in Lysander in the same army. You paint him up like your army and maybe change his name or maybe keep it. Either way make sure your opponent know who he counts as.

There are so many great HQ choices, you almost can't go wrong, no matter which you choose!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...q-choices.html

Have a look there, was there before you posted but anyway, I'll try and help you on that thread.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it also depends on the nature of your army. Are you going to be heavy into cc or stand back and whittle away your enemies? Depending on which angle you are going for it might mean the difference between choosing a libby, chappy or standard captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks For The Help Guys ...

i Was Wanting To Aim Towards A Real Offensive And Viscous CC Army ,

What HQ Choice Would Reflect That ... ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaplain should be your first choice, those rerolls to hit will definitely help for a CC-based army.

+ Reply to Thread