moddeling a phy-canon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

moddeling a phy-canon

ok im wondering how i should moddel a phy-canon for my inquizitor.
    i am thinking a two handed wepon mabbe baced on a las-canon with a shorter barrel and no power pack...

but i wanted to see what you guys do befor posting in the moddeling forum...

click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I just greenstuffed a blob over the Inquisitor's bolt pistol and voila! Instant psycannon. Even looks OK.

I know one person who took most of a Tau burst cannon to make a psycannon for his Inquisitor. Looks really cool!

I've also seen people take the GKT psycannon arm and use that on Torquemada.

Sometimes people take the stock GK psycannon model and greenstuff over/file down the GK symbols, as well as chop off the GK head and replace with another one, to make an Inquisitor with a psycannon.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

I still think this dude would make a great Inquisitor with psycannon. Just paint the stuff up to look Inquisitorial =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Also for them you can get inventive, due to the wargear pages entry that says inquisitors themselves dont have to have all the wargear on them, it can be assumed his minons got it.

My inquisitor with a psycannon doesnt have it on him, instead I took a servo skull and green stuffed it to have bag tied to him with a psycannon and some other stuff sticking out of it. I just run him a familiar if he is being used or just have him on the field and count him as Azreals helm bearer is counted. (this way I can equip him however I want and dont have to model like 10 different inquisitors)
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

There really is no "standard" model for it. Even the Grey Knights' psycannons are only one kind. This is a problem, because you don't know what they're "supposed" to look like, but it's very liberating in that you can make it look like whatever you want it to.

In Eisenhorn, there was an inquisitor carrying a psycannon on a servo-rig mounted on the shoulder, a la the creature in the movie Predator. A heavy bolter mounted on the inquisitor's shoulder would be ok, especially if you use proper paint and/or symbols made out of plasticard. Heck, some of the brass etch stuff from Forge World might be good enough.

Making up a servo-skull/familiar that carries and/or operates the psycannon for the inquisitor is also viable.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

cool food for thought

im thinking mabbe doing a tester then working out what i want to do i will post when done but might not be for a while im buying 34 maruaders on sunday (games-day Bermingham) if you are going you may see me makeing them or at some other part of the -festivitys-

but i may bring my 500pts of inquiziton there for a bring and battle -we will see- depends on wheter or not i want to bring my case. but i promise i will put up pics of my -first try- i like the idea of a preditor-esc phycanon (and i happen to have the old tecmarine backpack sitting around...) or the idea of it being carried by henchmen but we shall see.
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

All my psycannons are made from various heavy guns.

Inquisitor has the Chaos heavy bolter from their command upgrade sprue with the front exchanged for the demon head of a Chaos Predator heavy bolter.

Same for all my termie psycannons except the base was used from heavy flamer or assault cannon with autocannon ammo canisters added and the chaos predator autocannon demon heads added to the front.

+ Reply to Thread