Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So after speaking with number6 I thought it would be good to start a thread to sort out all the issues that need to be sorted out in a new FAQ.
This does not mean new troops or horses for Grey knights... but problems that have arisen with the new rules that have come out since the release of the codex oh so long ago.
This could be from the 5th edition rules or changes to daemons etc. please list them here and then I will write a letter to GW addressing the situation that we are in (and if anyone else is keen they can send that same letter) and hopefully they can do something to help us out. If nothing at least it will show all the issues that we are having.
To start off.
New stat lines with weapons and vehicles shared across the imperium, do our weapons get the new stat line? ie assault cannon, storm sheilds, psyhoods (list any other wargear that you can think of thats changed)
Does our machine work like that of the space marines, now with BS4?
Last edited by Lord Lucias; September 12th, 2008 at 03:18.
Read the newest DH FAQ, it's almost verbatum the new Marine POTMS.Does our machine work like that of the space marines, now with BS4?
As for questions:
What is categorized as a Daemon?
What Exactly does Rites of Exorcism and Daemonic Infestation do now that many of these rules are non-existant or non-applicable?
How does Shrouding work against regular blast weapons?
Even though Holocaust doesn't follow blast weapon rules, does it now hit all models it touches or does it still 4+ partials?
As far as wargear, yeah, I'd like to see that one updated, ALOT!!
Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009
Things I'd like to get sorted out:
1) Wich units count as Deamons?
2) What Exactly does Rites of Exorcism and Daemonic Infestation do now that many of these rules are non-existant or non-applicable?
3) Even though Holocaust doesn't follow blast weapon rules, does it now hit all models it touches or does it still 4+ partials?
(just copied and pasted from below for lazyness )
Tyranids Win / Draw /Lost 
Daemon Hunters Win / Draw / Lost 
I've noticed that the new WH FAQ changes the way Orbital Strikes function with respect to scatter. Do Daemonhunters' Orbital Strikes function in the same way?
How does older wargear that interacts with rules that have changed, such as the teleport homer, now behave? How about items with the same or similar name, but different statlines like Storm Shields, Assault Cannons, Rhinos, Chimeras, etc?
(Plus the three that Xilconic and Mastershake mentioned)
Also, could we perhaps get a mini-update similar to the Blood-Angels mini-codex that would bring our army more in line with current codices, or at least modify or replace existing rules and abilities that now have no function like the previously-mentioned Rites of Exorcism, or the Banishment psychic power?
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!
I want to know what to do about the Daemon definitions in the GK codex.
I want to know what to do about Rites of Exorcism (Do we just ignore text relating to instability? Do daemons actually count as having passed through terrain when they assault GKs, and are thus going to fight at Initiative 1?) and Daemonic Infestation (What do we do now that Sustained Attack no longer exists?).
I want to know why the Inquisitorial Land Raider doesn't have a Machine Spirit. I also want to know why Imquisitorial Rhinos don't Repair and why Inquisitorial Chimeras aren't amphibious.
I want to know if the GK Land Raider Crusader still gets to benefit from its special Hurricane Bolter firing rules even though it now has a Machine Spirit.
I want to know why our Assault Cannon isn't updated to Assault 4, Rending!!
I want to know why new rules in the main rule book regarding universal wargear (e.g., smoke launchers) doesn't override outdated codex rules for that wargear.
There is more, but these are the biggest and most annoying, head-scratching, and argument-inducing issues in my games. Solve these, and army is playable.
Don't forget to write GW yourselves, personally!
ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014
I want to know all of the above, and how they plan to fix force weapons as they are now IMO completely pointless as they are just an over priced power weapon. Not to mention that it pisses me off to no end to have to run my GM away from greater daemons now as they will almost always beat him down in a one on one fight.
- You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.
Okay firstly, for those wanting to send a letter to GW below is the address:
Some of the more important questions so far:
Grey Knight special rules:
- What is categorized as a Daemon?
- Rites of Exorcism- Do we just ignore text relating to instability?
- Do daemons actually count as having passed through terrain when they assault GKs, and are thus going to fight at Initiative 1?
- Daemonic Infestation - What do we do now that Sustained Attack no longer exists?
- Holocaust- Though it doesn't follow blast weapon rules, does it now hit all models it touches or does it still 4+ partials ?
- Although it says its done in the assault phase, does this mean you must be in assault to use it?
- Banishment - How does this work now that daemons don't test for instability?
Units and Wargear:
- When wargear gets updated in a new codex (space marines, imperial guard etc,) does our wargear change with it? (ie. Storm Shields, Assault Cannons, Psychic Hood, Machine spirit etc)
- The new Witchhunter FAQ changes the way Orbital Strikes function with respect to scatter. Do Daemonhunters' Orbital Strikes function in the same way?
- Does the Inquisitional Landraider work like the Grey Knight Landraider? (now with the machine spirit)
- Does the Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader still get the benefit from its special Hurricane Bolter firing rules even though it now has a Machine Spirit?
- Do vehicles follow the same stat and discription as that from the codex they came from? (ie. Chimera is only listed as amphibious in the Imperial Guard codex and rhino only listed as being able to repair in the Space Marine codex.)
- When new rules are released in a new edition Rulebook, does that supercede whats written in older codices? (ie. smoke launchers)
Let me know if you think anything needs to be changed or added.
Mhmm... Force weapons follow the codex entry so still cause pseudo death Dont tell GW they'll ruin my secret weapon
Also shrouding works as being able to "see" therefor as it sais it only affects ordnance weapons in the special way (extra d6 scatter)... when rolling shrouding if they fail there shrouding test (similar to nightfighting rules) they can't shoot there blast weapon.
Also i'd like to point out that in the Daemon Terminology it points out "throughout this codex" therefore for any unit from the Daemon Codex or any other codex will not be listed in the Daemonhunters codex... Which is why it's probably not been in the errata as it isn't Daemonhunter specific.
Things I would like to see is:
Storm Shields 3+.
Assault Cannon Hv4 Rend.
Land Raider Redeemer.
Grey Knight Terminators with NFW/SH.
Grey Knight Deep strike first turn.
New Ally options.
Remove sustained attack - It does the opposite it's designed for which is Balance.
I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.
Well if you don't want new rules or stat lines one thing thats alwas bothered me is holocaust.
When used, the blast template has to be in BtB contact but can you aim it outside combat to hit an adjacent squad which could be unengaged or engaged as both provide problems.
If the squad is unengaged is it counted as shooting casualties or a loss of CC?
If engaged holocaust is I1 so if i did the combat for the squad that has holocaust first, inflict casualties the the other squad then what? If i charged howling banshees with Squad A but resolved the holocaust squads ( Squad B ) combat first, inflicted say 2 casualties on the banshees the moved onto that combat the banshees just lost 2 men (or women) and thus lose some attacks.
I must admit i've only come across this situation once or twice but its one of those niggling things that annoy me. You may have to word it better tho! Hope i got the point across.
At a loss for new units id settle out of court for a blood angels style update. No new units just new stats and points pleeeeeaasssss.
Last edited by Pheonix Lord; September 16th, 2008 at 00:16.
I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand
Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.