Some Chapter Help . . . - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Chapter Help . . .

Hi Guys , Right Well i Am 50/50 On Which Chapter To Go Either Ultramarines Or Blood Angels .

My Main Worry Is Altho I Prefer Ultramarines There Very Samey, Also Ill Be Playing Alot Of Orks So Ive Been Told Blood Angles Are a Good Counter With The Baal Pred And Death Company Ectect.

I Mainly Dislike The Blood Angels HQ Choices , i Know A New Codex Is Soon Out For Ultra's But i Just Would Like Some Help In Which Chapter To Pick. ( eg) Advantages and Disadvantages Of Each Chapter . . .

What You Think . . . .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think you should wait and see the new codex before you make your choice, the options that are coming with it (I got to sit and read it the other day) have made my Blood Angel playing friend very jealous. There will be new vehicles, squads and characters to play with as well as improved rules for a lot of the standard sort of stuff (Drop Pod Assault is a prime example).

Ultimately though, it really comes down to what you most want to play and what most appeals to you from a fluff perspective. If you're 50/50 now then I suspect the new Codex will tip the scales for you.
    Prodesse Non Nocere
    Eldar - Suranii Craftworld 0/0/0
    Marines - Astrum Corvus 0/0/0
    Guard - 55th Estor 1/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

what type of army do you want to play? if you like assault marines and units that arnt avaliable to other armies(baal pred, death company, ext.)pick blood angels. having assault troops as troop choices is to good to pass up with the new edition. also, the BA chaplain is better then the one in the new SM codex.

the new space marine codex is better with everthing else. i've seen it , read it, and played against it. it to good to be true and everthing is better in that book besides the things listed above. so unless you want an asssault oriented army, dont go blood angels. i love my blood angels, and they are gret against orks with lots of boyz, but just cant compete with the new marine codex.

on a side note blood angels are reported to be getting a new book somtime next year along with space wolfs.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Ultra, here is what I think. I love my Ultramarines. I have played them for almost 3 years (they were my first and remain my favorite army). I started building Blood Angels almost a year ago and have only lately started playing them. I played them in Ard Boyz Saturday and I did really well. You say you don't like thier special characters and I am very surprised. Mephiston is one bad mamma-jamma!! He has S5 and T5, can use 3 psychic powers PLUS his force weapon, and is a one-man powerhouse. Dante is awesome, lowers enemy WS and BS, and gives ALL friendly units within 12" preferred enemy which means they re-roll misses EVERY TURN of combat!!!! Consider Corbulo who gives all friendly units within 12" Furious Charge. In Ard Boyz I put Corbulo in BA Rhino (fast engine) with a combat squad. I raced him ahead with the jump packs, and teamed up with Dante to kill EVERYTHING. I took out a 10 squad of Ork nobs on Bikes (2 wounds each, T5, super fast, with feel-no-pain from a pain-boy). I hit them with a 5 man assault squad, plus Dante and 5 honor guard and they were back up by Corbulo standing 6 inches away. Blood Angels are rock hard, even without the benefits of the new codex.

I LOVE the new codex too. I have a copy (I own a game-store and we got an advanced copy to show off.) I have spent hours poring over it and discussing it at length with players much better than I. You can make some seriously spectacular lists with this codex!! As much as I love the Blood Angels, if I was new and getting started, I would wait for the new dex and use it. Call your army Ultra or Blood Angels or The Emperor's Cooks, it doesn't matter. Use some special characters and you can make whatever army you want.
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Second

Quote Originally Posted by greektlake View Post
    what type of army do you want to play? if you like assault marines and units that arnt avaliable to other armies(baal pred, death company, ext.)pick blood angels. having assault troops as troop choices is to good to pass up with the new edition. also, the BA chaplain is better then the one in the new SM codex.

the new space marine codex is better with everthing else. i've seen it , read it, and played against it. it to good to be true and everthing is better in that book besides the things listed above. so unless you want an asssault oriented army, dont go blood angels. i love my blood angels, and they are gret against orks with lots of boyz, but just cant compete with the new marine codex.

on a side note blood angels are reported to be getting a new book somtime next year along with space wolfs.
    This is pretty much it. BA have a lot going for them: Assault Squads as Troops, Death Company, better Chaplains/Librarians, Rites of Battle, DC Dreads, jump pack Honor Guard, and Baal Preds. Everything else is in favor of the new marine codex, plus a whole slew of new options.

But either way you'll have a solid army, so I'd just pick the models and color scheme you prefer. You'll be painting and building them a lot so at least be happy doing so.

You could come up with your own chapter, with its own colors and history, and use rules for BA and Ultramarines (obviously not in the same game). This gives you a ton of modeling opportunities and a whole new level of gameplay (essentially 2 armies in 1, 3 even if you get interested in DA).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread