Thinking About Witch Hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

OK I've been posting alot in the Tau, of course (my general area of expertise) As a commander of two armies (SPACEMARINES)(TAU), and maybe a third expansion to my collection. I was reading in this issue of white dwarf that there will be possibilities for a detatchment of spacemarines, I.G. , and a purist cult. I am looking for ideas, or how cool it would be to play. Or The differences involved. I might do a DEMON HUNTER, AND WITCH HUNTER crossbreed. The two would go well together but, I would like to here advice from other commanders first before I splurge my next few paychecks on WH40K if not, is it worth expanding your origional armies? :a HEH I GUESS I'M A TRIPPLE CROSSER. LOL.

-HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it, mixing witch hunters and deamon hunters, has been discussed before, in both the deamon hunters and witch hunters forum. The general concensus is that the two armies would compliment each other, but would have to worry about long range fire support.

And by the way, before any one tries to say differently, it IS fluffy. If you disagree, then check all of the other post on it. If you STILL disagree, THEN post here.

What do you meen by
    Originally posted by Kor'Tau'N'Oshova@ Jun 12 2004, 20:33
    ...is it worth expanding your origional armies?...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

I'm asking is it worth expanding your origional armies like say you have 2,000pts of Space Marines, is it worth picking up another 1,000pts? for a total of 3,000pts? Same thing with TAU. But I would like to see the pros and cons before picking up a S.O.B. army before i waste money, It seems like i'm not wasting money, I will go ahead and pick up a codex and plan an army out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, yeah its worth it. I once had a 3600 pt battle between my sisters and Orks. It was a lot of fun. You can also try a lot of different things in an army. I have noticed every one using 2 exorcist, but imagine if they decided one battle to only use 1, and use something else. It allows you to adapt. You might find a new strategy that is better against foes you had trouble with before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

Actually I would like to see the pros and cons with using a detatchment , ie. , Imp Guard, Demon Hunters, or S.M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Making a 3000pt army is extremely fun so long as you have the opponents that have that many points within a single army.

A WH army has a lot of flexibility and since you already have a space marines army you won’t be spending too much cash on a new army as you already have the basis of a WH if you decide to combine them with your current SM.

Combining the WH army with another force is beneficial not only to keep the price low, but also to help improve your weaknesses. If your WH army lacks up in numbers get some IG in, likewise with heavy support and so forth. It also makes for a more interesting and adaptable army, with a lot more choice at hand. A WH army’s pro’s and con’s depend on which army you alley it with (if any at all).

Allying With Space Marines:
    Pro’s: Space marines willl help fill out the gaps with the WH army list. You can use WH has an effective but yet a rather point cheep support for your SM. Fast Attck.
    Con’s: In truth SM and SOB do not fit well within fluff but so long as you don’t allow that to get in the way hence why SOB may not be used if allied with SM (another con), you will have a effective army at your hands. SM are costly anyway’s and you may lack in number greatly.

Inducting Imperial Guard:
    Pro’s: Heavy Support, Cheep in points cost and often a vast number of models can be applied.
    Con’s: IG are cannon fodder. Although cheep they are not the most efficient or reliable of forces. Although IG hold a range of good heavy support very little of it can be used when combined with WH.

Allying With Demon Hunters:
    DH depends on what choices you apply, but either way it fit’s in neatly with fluff and Demon hunters and Witch hunters is a great combination. A mixture of sister of battle combined alongside the grey knights makes for a one hell of a deadly force. If I was to go along that route I would advise to use the sisters to cover the troop force, making for hardened forces at a low points cost while keeping the grey knights for the hardened elite areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

ok thanks a bunch. Now I'm eyeing DH, AND WH. what kinds of things would i want to look at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said before having a big army is good cuz it gives u a lot of options, and big point battles are a lot of fun, but u wont play them too often, i have only played once with my full space wolves army (3500 pts).
    As for the sisters army i would recomend to play a pure army, not a mixed breed, cuz otherwise the wh wont work the same way they do, most because of acts of faith...
    The bad thing about a mix of wh and dh, is that most players will kill first all of wh units, leaving u with a badly outnumbered and high point expensive greyknights ( be it in power armor or worse termies)

Closed Thread