Nemesis Force Weapon question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nemesis Force Weapon question

Hey there Grey Knights. Sincerest greetings from the Hive Mind!

Ok...im a nids player and as such have no force weapons so all i have to go on is the rulebook rules, so, im wondering if my carnifex, outside of synapse range, is affected by the super duper uber instant psydeath dealt by your mighty force glaives! (that is, with a successful hit, 5 wounds becomeing 0 in an instant). Im pretty sure that the carnie does die instantly (damn) but some clarification would be nice.

Thanks! Hoping to find a GK army to see in action (or win the lotto and tandem the swarmer army of tyranids and the Khaos Killin' Knights of Grey!

PS: your mostly silver, so...um... naw, Grey sounds better...sorry.

EDIT: Dont worry, i found the answer! sorry for not checking sooner...Wow, force weapons out the wazzoo...you guys ROCK!( unless i have some kind of force deflecting shield, which covers most of my troops in thier current configuration, which i do...hmmmmm)

Last edited by GhostSock; September 16th, 2008 at 11:37. Reason: found answer!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Actually, we don't have force weapons "out the wazzoo". We can have, at most, two Force Weapons in our army: one in the hands of a Grand Master, and one in the hands of our other HQ, which would have to be a generic Inquisitor Lord or the Brother-Captain Stern special character.

Don't be fooled by the name of our wargear. Nemesis Force Weapon is just a name.

That said, your Carnifexes still have a lot to fear from close combat with Grey Knights, even the lowly power-armoured kind. Everybody generates 2 Str 6 attacks at WS 5, and the Justicar gets 3 such attacks that count as power weapon attacks! Carnis go down in a hurry in an assault against us. You'll want to stick with dakka fexes if you keep any at all, and just shoot us down instead of assaulting us.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Just to clarify, it's only the Grey Knight Grand-Master (our upgraded Grey Knight Terminator HQ choice) that has his Nemesis Force Weapon count as a Force Weapon per the rules. Our codex describes how the NFW behaves with the rest of our forces. So there's only that one Force Weapon in our army, plus any Inquisitors that happen to have them. Since these ones are swung with merely Human strength, though, they're not quite as much of a threat.

[edit: Gah, number 6 was quicker on the draw =/ ]

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i just read that nemesis force weapons only convey the force psypower to HQs, but the power weapon buff sometimes and the universal 2+S is great!

Grey knights will have to be my second army, quality warriors apposed to my masses of monsters! a great Juxtaposition! and my chaos friend will be easier to defeat, even with that demon summoning made easy upgrade you guys confer, cos hes not got alot of demons (yet)!
    Last edited by GhostSock; September 17th, 2008 at 11:52.
    This thread is unclean brothers! PURGE IT WITH FLAME!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont get me wrong that grey knights are great having WS5 STR6 power weapons on terminators and always getting 3 attacks with then having true grit with storm bolters is nice but really they are well over priced now.

As most of the daemon rules dont apply anymore.

I do both Witchhunters and Daemonhunters as an army and they are both over priced 3rd edition codexs that aint going to be updated soon.

I thought they would release a new 1 with all 3 Ordos in but they aint as told at Games Day UK

WE NEED A NEW CODEX, MORE THAN THEM RUBBISH SPACE MARINES with there 4th Edition codex now a 5th edition codex that makes them well hard

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, GK terminators don't get True Grit (and thus another attack from the storm bolter) because, if I remember correctly, the codex states something along the lines of "Grey Knights in Power Armor..." in the True Grit rules. This is the reason I sometimes equip my Grand Master with Power Armor/+4 invulnerable save since I'm already eating so many saves for such a hard hitter I'm almost willing to pay a few more to make him get one more attack off the charge.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by librisrouge View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, GK terminators don't get True Grit (and thus another attack from the storm bolter) because, if I remember correctly, the codex states something along the lines of "Grey Knights in Power Armor..." in the True Grit rules. This is the reason I sometimes equip my Grand Master with Power Armor/+4 invulnerable save since I'm already eating so many saves for such a hard hitter I'm almost willing to pay a few more to make him get one more attack off the charge.
    Speaking of bad news, that doesn't work. Power and Artificer armour are both wargear choices, and they aren't among the wargear choices allowed for Terminators (that little asterisk * beside the entry). So the GM is actually not allowed to downgrade to Power Armour.

Worse yet, the usual option to squeeze the extra attack out of him - swapping the Storm Bolter for a Power weapon (since Termies can't take a normal CCW) - doesn't work under 5th Edition rules! Models no longer get the bonus if thy're using 2 different special CCW's (in this case, NFW and PW)!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread