SMurfs O.O - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMurfs O.O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

SMurfs O.O

Ive heard some HORRIBLE things about the new SMurf codex...as in they are completely unbeatable

anyone have any advice or concerns? lets discuss

Last edited by billybobithyjo; September 17th, 2008 at 08:07.
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Well, I'm going to be the first person to say,

WAIT FOR THE NEW CODEX!!!

Sorry to appear like I'm shouting, but I don't want to say that they will be a flop, or that they will be unbeatable, as I have not seen their new codex. I would say that it is not going to happen, but.......as the smurfs do acount for 65% of GW's annual sales in 40K they will. In my opinion, they are getting a codex update that they do not need. Their codex is not broken or hark back to the days of 2nd or 3rd edition (Dark eldar and the orks before the start of the year comes to mind).

Anyways, lets just wait and see, eh?
    Father Mulcahy: Just as the Lord said to Noah, "Everything in pairs."
    Pierce Hawkeye: Of course the Lord was holding three aces at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

I wouldnt say completely unbeatable. Just very hard to beat. Still all the fancy new stuff is reflected by pretty high points cost eg the Vanguard/Sternguard, so a few well placed ordanance blasts will take away a huge chunk of your opponents army. The combat squads rule is annoying but I find it easier to wipe out 5man squads than a full 10 man squad so doesnt bother me too much. The combat tactics rule probably wont make much differance to IG as its very unlikely that most guard units will defeat marines in cc. A tooled up Veteran squad would help and maxing out the heavy weapon teams sounds like a good plan.

Some things have dropped in points though-namely the rhinos so expect to see more of these along with drop pods hitting your lines very quickly. In which case the new consolidation rules should benefit IG greatly.
    This is of course assuming its a normal marine army you're playing-havent played against any of the special characters yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smurfs always have been a git to play against, i find you can only beat them if the tailor build your amy to fight them, something i hate doing...no fun at all...

I harbour a deep loathing of marine players, back form when i used to do Dark Eldar in 3rd ed... everyone used them, and i lost every game...

But anyway, what stuff for the Smurfs have you heard of? (That will be especially nasty for us IG players).

I have seen that they have the Hellstorm cannon that can blow squads to peices...

Vengeance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy way to beat them:

Faith.

You, haven't lost faith, have you?

That'd be treasonous.

Heresy maybe.

Have faith in the almighty cannons of the guard and let the Emperor sort 'em out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

No Dr. Doomy, i havent lost faith, the Emperor protects!

Ive heard that they will have special ammo in some squads that will murder guard (no cover and the like)

The thing im scared of the most is that my marine friend is saying they get Heavy Bolters, missle launchers, and flamers for free in their squads.

Im sure we will be ok in the long run, but its just kinda scary, you know?
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

There will be the usual Codex Creep plus the usual Smurfs-must-be-the-best factor. Our troops should be fine overall since we stop caring about survivability at 'bolter', but our tanks will have a seriously hard time not getting trashed in close combat. There is one exception, however, and that is the Land Raider Redeemer. I thought it was a joke for a long while, but it sounds like two improved Inferno Cannons on a LR Crusader with each templace being independently targettable thanks to Machine Spirit. Final details are of course still in the works, but if most of what I've heard is true that thing will be killing two squads a turn gauranteed.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by billybobithyjo
    Ive heard that they will have special ammo in some squads that will murder guard
    Oh, no! That sounds like if they were armed with something really evil...like Bolters.
    Sorry, just had to say it

I do think there will be a short period of "Oh-No-iness" when the new SM Codex comes. But that seems to be the case when ever a new Codex is released. Nids were unbeatable as were Eldar. But after a while though things seems to get back into "he who has the best tactic and dice wins the day".
    So, all we need to do is to do what we've always done. Shoot them to pieces and die in CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are smurfs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most vanilla army in Warhammer 40k as well as GWs poster child *cough ultramarines cough*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast