Thinking of witchhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of witchhunters

I have a few questions before I start them off. I know you can take a squad with the cannoness. What models are the celestrian? I have been looking for them. Acutally there are a lot of models I cannot find that are listed in the book. I am not sure where to get them. Are they all just the standard sisters models?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

They all are the standerd sister models, You'll basically have to paitn them different to differentiate Celestians from Dominians from Retributers from Battle Sisters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I like to use models wearing a the Sabot helmet for Celestians, or for Veteran Sister Superiors.

Then I use the unhelmeted sisters for the standard rank and file.

You could also use the unhelmeted ones, and paint their hair a diferent color (white)

for my VSS, since I use a bolter on her, I just paint the visor on her helmet metallic (I use a gold/copper mix) It makes her stand out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's best to just buy a few boxes of the sisters to start? I am not sure what to do for heavy choices. it seems sisters are really meant for close combat. What do you all think of the squad that can take 4 heavy weapons? 200 points for 4 multimelta's, 4 on the squad plus 1 on the tank. Or what about a squad with 4 flamers to turn orcs into charred remains?

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

I paint the cloth on the right shoulder of celestians white, dominions just get a white stripe. I figure you can tell retributor squads by the fact that they have 4 rather obvious heavy bolters and didn't mark mine different from battle sisters =). All my vets have Book of St Lucius modeled as a back banner, so they stand out pretty well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetahfurry View Post
    So it's best to just buy a few boxes of the sisters to start? I am not sure what to do for heavy choices. it seems sisters are really meant for close combat. What do you all think of the squad that can take 4 heavy weapons? 200 points for 4 multimelta's, 4 on the squad plus 1 on the tank. Or what about a squad with 4 flamers to turn orcs into charred remains?
    You really should get the idea of sisters being designed for CC outta you. They are designed for Close range firefights. Then once the enemy is weakened they can charge in to finish them off.

Sisters have a couple of good units for CC but don't count on them to carry the day. It is you gunners that will, at medium to short range.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they carry so few heavy weapons. If I set up my squads with heavy bolters what do I take out tanks with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exorcists my friend.....Exorcists.

And a jump pack canoness with an inferno pistol and melta bombs does the job nicely too. Don't forget the Cloak for the 2+ save!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright,

Well I have narrowed it down to 2 different armies.

Space marines or Witch Hunters.

Witchhunters - Lots of hot females running around with power armor and a chip on their sholder the size of a craftworld. Really neat abilities and the need to play tactical. Cons are not many heavy weapons or heavy units in general plus they seem close ranged fire support.

Space marines - Ummmm firepower and the new predator costs are insane.

I can't decide! Help someone who loves tactics! I perfer quick moving armies that rely on me being smart compared to the roll of the dice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Witch Hunters
    Pros - lot of template weapons, unique on the table, acts of faith can potentially turn a situation, great models, unique play-style, able to easily surprise/frustrate your opponent
    Cons - all-metal (expensive), out of date and not being updated soon

Space Marines
    Pros - all plastic (cheap), easy to paint, best supported army, lots of toys
    Cons - *everyone* will be playing them, simple army

Note: I am heavily biased against Space Marines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast