Lord Inquisitor Karamozov and his shiny throne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Lord Inquisitor Karamozov and his shiny throne

I was wondering why I never see this guy in people's lists. I have the model (love it) and I think that the rules are the only way for an Imperial army to actually take a monstrous Creature. That's how I see him, a way for Witchhunters to have a type of critter only a few armies are allowed to have. Plus, his toughness and decent accuracy makes him good at shooting (with the right targets) and WS5 and a MC Powerweapon allow him to tangle with many things in melee. Am I missing something?

'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I have absolutely no interest in the Inquisition, which goes a long way to keeping him out of my list. I also try to play as fluffy as possible, so neither special character makes sense on the board (not that it stops every second Eldar player from using Eldrad). He then seems like a complete waste of points to me. For the same price I could take another Rhino loaded with Sisters who are tactically more flexible, more effective on the table and just plain more useful. Personally, I could only see him being included in an army if you wanted to theme it around him; he does not really look like a character who would just `slot in'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i agree with you libris, he is one of the most badass peices of death around and imho i think he's well worth his points, but with that high points cost i personally would only think of using him in say 2000 pt + games purly because my canoness is very tacticaly integrated into my army and i dont like the idea of having 330 pts spend on two hq models at 1500, so i dunno maybe thats just a similar trend showing up in the army lists section

also i can see him fitting into a foot slogger army more easily than a mech army and with so many people going mech its just an easy choice to leave him out of alot of lists.

just my 2c

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

He already is limited to 1500+ games, and I would not think of using him in smaller games. Bad-ass model, but tricky to use. Painted him over two years ago, used him perhaps two or three times. Survived till the end of the game, but that was still in 4ED era. I would think that he could be comparable to other T and W Monster Creatures as far as strategy, and using him with 3 PEs might be fun. Actually, he should have a rule stating that he can unlock them just like priests do now - that would make him much better IMHO...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the times that I've used him he's been a very solid piece on the battlefield that my army has been able to rally around.

His profile is more than adequate to tangle with alot of unforseen baddies on the other side of the table (killed Kharn with him once). The only thing I didn't like about him was the lack of range he has (Multi-Melta) while he's lumbering across the table. It's better with the 5th ed. rules for running.

And for 205 pts. you get a solid leader, good HTH, Multi-Melta shots for those vehicle that get too close for comfort, Monstrous Creature rules for moving and attacking vehicles, the Mandate is good for that round where you end up charging your guys into combat (VSS with eviscerators attacking with 4 dice!!! OUCH!!) And with the 5th ed. rules, you don't need to worry about trying to hide him or not, just start moving him up the field. The Rosarius keeps him alive and his ominous presence makes the enemy shoot at him more often than your retributors or transports with those devastor squads.

I found a couple of ways to make him useful, but in the long run, I would rather play with Celestine. More versatility.
    Last edited by Dream240; September 22nd, 2008 at 17:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I've been tempted to use him with 3 Squadrons of 3 PE's. I think there'd have to be a whole bunch of crazy big machines for him to be effective.

maybe use Zealots for the priest to nestle in.

maybe even an asassin (I'm thinking Eversor) and some arco-flagellents. Prob. IST's with Grenade Launchers (24" assault weapons) for troops choices.

but I think that without a lot of other armor / MC-like things out there, Karamozov is an easy target for the Toughness, worth a LOT of pts.

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I was thinking that he'd be awesome with a squad or two of zealots. I think a lot of his problem is his versatility. Seems like quite a few people just don't know what to do with him.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

His gimp toughness is his failing. If you are writing a tourney/all comers list, you will be seeing rail guns, and he will make a wet splorchy noise as the rest of your army gets their boots messy walking through what's left of him.

+ Reply to Thread