Stupid Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid Question

I was wondering, what do I use to show a space marine captian on a bike? I was going to go a squad of 3 bikes, an attack bike, and the character attached to it. Do you see this as a good idea? I looked online and I could not find a model of the space marine captian on the bike.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

There is a Chaplain on a Bike. You can take him, use his legs and bike and for the torso use the Captain's... Simple!

You will be having a fast squad attached to your IC, which is not bad, but I haven't checked the new Codex yet...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, they should just make a model of a captian on a bike. I wonder if I should just spend the points and upgrade to the chaplin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Captain + bike = bikes squads of 5+ can be taken as troop options. = potential of [3models +5extra models * 6troop + 3Fast =72 + 5in command squad =77 ] 77 bikers in one FOC!
    Its how white scars get their harley's into battle, lol
    Last edited by CleanRabbit; September 26th, 2008 at 15:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

On the former Codex of SM the Chaplain on bike, and the Chaplain in general, was the best of the character that I have used on the table... I can't speak of others minds though...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CleanRabbit View Post
    Captain + bike = bikes squads of 5+ can be taken as troop options. = potential of [3models +5extra models * 6troop + 3Fast =72 + 5in command squad =77 ] 77 bikers in one FOC!
    Its how white scars get their harley's into battle, lol
    Sry for asking, but could you ref. to a page in the dex for this piece of info?.. About bikes as troop choice.. I've been looking everywhere in the dex, and somehow missed it. s:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dethklaat View Post
    Sry for asking, but could you ref. to a page in the dex for this piece of info?.. About bikes as troop choice.. I've been looking everywhere in the dex, and somehow missed it. s:
    Page 132 of Codex: SM - the Mounted Assault rule in the Space Marine Captain army list entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsele View Post
    You will be having a fast squad attached to your IC, which is not bad, but I haven't checked the new Codex yet...
    As CleanRabbit implied, a space marine command squad may be given bikes.

Such a squad will cost more than a bike squad of the same size (of course) but the discrepancy is almost completely (if not entirely) accounted for by the apothecary's narthecium, the BP and Chainsword (rather than just BP) and the veteran upgrade. The unaccounted discrepancy is less than the cost of a power sword for a Fast Attack Biker Sergeant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetahfurry View Post
    I was wondering, what do I use to show a space marine captian on a bike? I was going to go a squad of 3 bikes, an attack bike, and the character attached to it. Do you see this as a good idea? I looked online and I could not find a model of the space marine captian on the bike.
    It is a fine idea - as long as the captain has some other bikers to accompany him of course.

Such a squad (chosen from FA, not a mounted Command Squad) can be quite resilient (but expect it to draw its fair share of shooting when it isn't in assault) and is very effective against most army types as it has the speed to close with fast enemies, the access to special CC weapons to damage MEQ and monstrous creatures, and Move-Fire-Assault Boltguns (Twin Linked) Special and Heay weapons.

And yeah, no model - but as Tsele said you can use the Bike and legs from any of the other bike models and add torso, arms etc for your captain. This is the method I used back in 3rd ed for my mounted Librarian and Captain models. I gave them both storm shields and added greenstuff decals to the greaves to make the armour look more ornate than a standard biker's. If you want a method with less effort though, you can just use head/weapon swaps and the paint scheme on a biker sergeant to make him stand out.

Also: Not a stupid question - remember kids "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people" (Mr Garrison).
    Last edited by Corianis; December 14th, 2008 at 14:26. Reason: correction of automatic smiley; added final line
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I would...

Parts Swap the head, chest, shoulderpads, and arms for captain box set peices and use chaplain legs (echo? lol) Just paint some more gold (or whatever your 'elite' color is) onto the model and maybe adorn the bike itself with a few nice doodads, and make the bike itself look shiny. And if you could model him popping a wheelie, that would be the sheet. =D

Good luck bro! I'm confident in your abilities!

I am that i am not.
    "You sick tentacle fetishist puppy." - Ironweevil

Superflat Monogram Sayomi Akimoto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

I've been meaning to make a Space Marine captain with two powerfists surfing on his bike.

That's right, he's standing on the bike, giving the middle finger to the Emperor's enemies.

Very doable as well, the hard part is getting the power fists though.

Thus, if you're alright with a bit of silly, have your Commander surfing upon the battlefield with his bike as his board. It will be very obvious who's in charge of your army.

Otherwise, as everyone's said your best bet is to make a conversion combining the standard bike kit with an upper body swap from the Commander box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought of modelling a captain on a bike, it's a cool idea!

Except I make him on a two man bike modified so that there's a driver and the captain standing on a chariot-esque back giving commands armed with a powersword.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast