IG, SM Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: IG, SM Battle

  1. #1
    Senior Member ShakaZulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

    IG, SM Battle

    Me and my brother are having a IG, SM battle, he has about 2,000 points, and i have about 2 leman russes over 1500. On the first turn i destroyed his Land raider Crusader, after that he destroyed my 4 leman russes and almost all my men. The he deep Strikes a Squad of Termies, he gets a bad role and it lands on one of my sentinels, oops there dead, there goes 160 points!

    And i had a qeustion, Can IG use the "Feel no pain" rule becasue i think its crap, i'm hitting like 11 SM with one Basilisk shot and he roles 4 saves, then gets the rest with feel no pain, i hate it.

    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanith Ghosts View Post
    Me and my brother are having a IG, SM battle, he has about 2,000 points, and i have about 2 leman russes over 1500. On the first turn i destroyed his Land raider Crusader, after that he destroyed my 4 leman russes and almost all my men. The he deep Strikes a Squad of Termies, he gets a bad role and it lands on one of my sentinels, oops there dead, there goes 160 points!

    And i had a qeustion, Can IG use the "Feel no pain" rule becasue i think its crap, i'm hitting like 11 SM with one Basilisk shot and he roles 4 saves, then gets the rest with feel no pain, i hate it.


    Huh? Unless the marine has a basic toughness of 5 or more, they do not get to use 'feel no pain' against a basilisk round, as the basilisk causes instant death. Only the 4 marines who passed their cover save would have survived.

    'Feel No Pain' does not work against weapons that cause instant death, have ap1 or ap2, or simply do not allow armour saves (such as many hth weapons).

    And how does he gain access to 'feel no pain' anyway? Was this a cities of death game? Or was he using a command squad with an apothecary and the new marine codex? Blood angels Death Company?

    And wow for bad luck, losing all those guys on your first turn! Sounds like some crazy rolling was going on there!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

    Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

  4. #3
    Senior Member billybobithyjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Penngrove CA USA
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

    I don't think SMs be the feel no pain rule, and I know that normal marines don't get saves against a bassie!
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

  5. #4
    Member MaxDv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lost somewhere in space.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    15 (x1)

    In any case, the IG don't have the feel no pain rule and truth be told, I could only imagine Ogryns ever having it.

    I feel like ranting against the new marines now but I'll pass for now.
    Imperial Guard: 3000 pts
    Chaos Daemons: 1000 pts

  6. #5
    Senior Member ShakaZulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    Huh? Unless the marine has a basic toughness of 5 or more, they do not get to use 'feel no pain' against a basilisk round, as the basilisk causes instant death. Only the 4 marines who passed their cover save would have survived.

    'Feel No Pain' does not work against weapons that cause instant death, have ap1 or ap2, or simply do not allow armour saves (such as many hth weapons).

    And how does he gain access to 'feel no pain' anyway? Was this a cities of death game? Or was he using a command squad with an apothecary and the new marine codex? Blood angels Death Company?

    And wow for bad luck, losing all those guys on your first turn! Sounds like some crazy rolling was going on there!
    Are you serious the thieving prick, i knew he cheated somehow, and i didn't lose all those guys on the first turn i was just to lazy so i summed it up. and what are hth weapons?

    He was using the new codex
    Last edited by ShakaZulu; October 1st, 2008 at 05:08.
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

  7. #6
    Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanith Ghosts View Post
    i knew he cheated somehow, and i didn't lose all those guys on the first turn i was just to lazy so i summed it up. and what are hth weapons?

    He was using the new codex
    Well, I can see you're angry, which is kinda understandable!

    'Hth' is shorthand for hand to hand. For this instance, I am referring to powerswords, powerfists, dreadnought close combat weapons, monstrous creature attacks etc...

    I suppose I should have written it out fully, but I think there's a thread somewhere on this site which explains all the shorthand being used (eg MEQ, which stands for 'Marine EQuivalent').
    Last edited by Cadaver Junkie; October 1st, 2008 at 06:27.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

    Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts