Sister Repentia - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sister Repentia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sister Repentia

Ok, I'm new to Witch Hunters, never even had a glimpse of the codex, but wanted a little review of the sister repentia in a rhino or something, their stats look quite good, but are there anything really good I should know like furious charge or fleet? I'm really keen to get some...

Also, a celestian squad question:

Can you have 4 multi meltas and a superior in an Immolator??

Red ones goes faster - it's true :)
    Ork Freebooter Crusaders!
    3/0/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

[quote=Orks for Stompin;1261879]Ok, I'm new to Witch Hunters, never even had a glimpse of the codex, but wanted a little review of the sister repentia in a rhino or something, their stats look quite good, but are there anything really good I should know like furious charge or fleet? I'm really keen to get some...

First off Sister Repentia cannot be in any vehicle, its in the codex if u pick one up. They are good when they get into close combat but alot of people have complained that they cant take a hit and are always getting shot to shit before they can get to the enemy. Yeah the new run rule and Holy Rage help them move faster but they have no ranged weaponry to speak of, have low toughness and each one is carrying an eviscerator which drops them to I1 so they always attack last.

Also, a celestian squad question:

Can you have 4 multi meltas and a superior in an Immolator??

You can if they are in the Retributor squad. Celestians are the beefed up Battle sister squad, they can take slightly better weapons but only the same number of such weapons (2). Retributors and Dominions can take four unique weapons. The retributors get to take either Heavy Bolters or Multi-meltas while the Dominions can take either Flamers, Storm Bolters, or Meltaguns.[/quote]

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as scave mentioned id pick up a codex and look everything over...there just seems to be better cc options available, for their points repentia are just a lil too fragile and they only have one "strike last" attack each so they can die real quick in combat before they get to retaliate and every model you lose drops their combat effectivness, agianst a tank or something like a carnifex they can really do some serious damage but against a dedicated assault unit they usually get messed up pretty quick without getting in many hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you suggest instead of them? for 1000 points I'm taking 30 Sisters, 20 in rhinos, 6 Retributors in a immolator, Living Saint and a Petitent engine. What else would you suggest??
    3/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posibly look into zealots...personly i think theyre the cats pajamas and are a great substitute for repentia, i think theirs a thread on the forum with a link to their rules, the normal zealots are fantastic cannon fodder and the fanatics can cause more damage than a repentia, the beauty of the squad is that with 4 fanatics you have as many evisorator attacks as with 8 repentia but you also have up to 16 other guys for your enemy to kill before you start losing fanatics and thereby start losing their combat effectivness, the last game i played my deminished Zealot squad charged a talos which killed 5 guys, leaving just my fanatics who then dropped their attacks into it and killed it

also the zealots arent subject to holy rage like the repentia so you can keep them running from cover to cover or keep them behind your foot slogging squad til they are close enough to strike
    Last edited by Dethcultist; October 3rd, 2008 at 00:35. Reason: mistake...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh also id really look at the rule book, you cant get the living saint until 1500 pts, and you need a priest to unlock penitent engines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dethcultist View Post
    posibly look into zealots...personly i think theyre the cats pajamas and are a great substitute for repentia, i think theirs a thread on the forum with a link to their rules, the normal zealots are fantastic cannon fodder and the fanatics can cause more damage than a repentia, the beauty of the squad is that with 4 fanatics you have as many evisorator attacks as with 8 repentia but you also have up to 16 other guys for your enemy to kill before you start losing fanatics and thereby start losing their combat effectivness, the last game i played my deminished Zealot squad charged a talos which killed 5 guys, leaving just my fanatics who then dropped their attacks into it and killed it

also the zealots arent subject to holy rage like the repentia so you can keep them running from cover to cover or keep them behind your foot slogging squad til they are close enough to strike
    What deathcultist said here is pretty much what I would of said. Repentia kind of just plain suck for what they're worth. If you field them don't expect them to last more than 2 turns.

Zealots on the other hand are a great unit, cheap and alot of eviscerator attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

comment: your're off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Orks for Stompin View Post
    What would you suggest instead of them? for 1000 points I'm taking 30 Sisters, 20 in rhinos, 6 Retributors in a immolator, Living Saint and a Petitent engine. What else would you suggest??

Short answer: Two Exorcists.
    How to model quick/cheap: Chaos Rhinos w/ Missile Pods.

Next in line: 8 Seraphim.

Repentia:
    Don't use until you've used every other unit in the codex.
    (And then you won't want to use Repentia anymore.)

PS- Standard mobile 10-girl loadout = Heavy flamer + melta.
    Vet always has Book of St Lucius. Every second vet has an
    Eviserator and/or Brazier of Holy fire.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My army is going to be very costly, thats the only problem...
    3/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately thats Witch Hunters, with the zealots and our transports as our only platic kits it does take a bit of money to get started with WH however on the flip side of that you also get a really fantastic looking metal force.

We do however have some units which are real good on the money Vs. points ratio, such as the cannoness, assassins, zealots and arcos
    Last edited by Dethcultist; October 4th, 2008 at 02:20. Reason: phrasing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast