Lighting Claws and Pistols Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lighting Claws and Pistols Questions

1.)Can you shoot a pistol if you have pair of lighting claws?
    2.)Does having a pair of lighting claws and a pistol count as having 3 assulat weapons(which would give you +2 attacks)?

Please help me understand. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, if you have lightning claws, you cannot use a pistol.

Lighning claws are hard wired into power armour and therefore cannot be removed in order to use any other weapon.

With a single Lightning claw, yes, you can also take a Pistol, but not with a pair.

It wil state somewhere that you may exchange your pistol and/or close combat weapon for a lighning claw. Obviously if you wish to take a pair you would exchange the pistol for one and the close combat weapon for the other (also paying the relevant upgrade cost).

Characters can take a pair of claws and a pistol, but the points spent on a pistol would be wasted as it is not usable.

It would be rather hard to get the blade of a Lightning claw into the finger hole of a pistol.

Secondly, no, a pair of Claws and a Pistol does not count as 3 close combat weapons or give you +2 attacks. You use only the weapons in your hands, which would be either 1 claw and a pistol, or 2 claws.... chosen as wargear before the game starts.

Regards,
    wretched

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

That's for the new marines. DA and BA allow ICs to take pistols with LCs, even a combi-weapon too. You won't get any extra attacks, but if you have access to a ranged weapon you can fire it. Think of it as wrist or gauntlet mounted or incorporated into the LCs like the Gauntlets of Ultramar.

Also, you can always take aux grenade launchers for extra dakka
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

In combat, you MUST use a special weapon if you have it, it seems.

The rule was changed in 5th. You are now required to use the fist. See p35 3rd paragraph. Models must fight with any special close combat attacks they have.

The 4th ed language letting you choose not to use it is also conspicuously missing from the weapons page. Alessio is a pretty solid rules writer, I'm confident he didn't 'forget' to copy it over by accident.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

The 5th ed. rules for lightning claws, powerfists and thunderhammers state that you only get an extra attack if you have TWO lightning claws, powerfists or thunderhammers. so if you take a lightning claw and a pistol, you get a ranged attack but you don't get the +1 attack to your profile for two close combat weapons. if you have two lightning claws, you get the extra attack

Swarbie of the Hive Mind
    Gimme a minute, the dinner's trying to use its bolter...

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by wretched View Post
    Characters can take a pair of claws and a pistol, but the points spent on a pistol would be wasted as it is not usable.
    I don't know where you've seen this rule written, but it's not true. If you can equip a model with a weapon, they can use that weapon. So if you give a pistol to a model with twin lightning claws, they could still shoot the pistol, whether the fluff makes sense or not.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    In combat, you MUST use a special weapon if you have it, it seems.
    Wait... what?

How does Marneus Calgar work then, with his 2 power-fists and power-sword?
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

If you have more than one kind of special weapon, you must choose which one to use at the start of each round of combat

Swarbie of the Hive Mind
    Gimme a minute, the dinner's trying to use its bolter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

I like the idea of Aux grenade Launchers to give some extra firepower. They are rapid fire though, so you cannot charge the turn you use them (unless in terminator armour)
    Only ICs can have twin claws and a ranged weapon, and of course they can fire it, even if the claws would make it difficult in fluff terms. Imagine that it is wrist or shoulder, or claw mounted. Or that they are very good with their claws..
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The claws are mounted to the backs of the gauntlets, so they still have their fingers. Take a look a Codex: Space Marines page 101, near the bottom of the page. You will see what I am talking about.

So, yeah, if you can buy the pistol and the claws, you can shoot the pistol and use the lightning claws in the following assault.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast