Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Angels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angels

Hey i was just wondering what people think about the dark angels.

Can it still be a competitive army?

The problem is they are the only sm chapter i really like, so i don't want to change all my DA models.

I also do not like using belial or samael.

Can i still be competitive if i do not go full deathwing/raven wing?

My current army has a chap, 20 tactical marine, an attack bike squad, and 2 termy squads and one dread.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

hmm, hard to say

well, i am not the DA expert but i would say they are still a force to be reckoned with.
    they are surely not the best and i have never in my entire 40K career (LOL) lost a battle against them, but to their defence this was more to the fact that the players wielding their power (YAY) had the same strategic intellect than a toast wich has fallen on the floor...
    my oppinion: the DA can be a winning army when you have brains and make full use of "Squad Combo's" when you know what i mean, (sure you do)
    but it will be hard, and don't worry about your choice not to use Belial and the rest of the happy gang, they aren't that good...
    when you don't suceed at it though here 2 final tips:
    just play with the normal Space Marine codex (the NEW one) and just let them painted as DA,
    or take the CSM codex and declare all of your DA are in fact 'The Fallen'...
    (YAY)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Honestly, if you aren't using Ravenwing and/or Deathwing, you're better off with the marine Codex. Virtually everything is more effective and for less points, plus you get a whole slew of other options.

I actually see the marine book as an apology to DA players by letting them make a fluffy army.

Ancient weapons and artifacts like relic blades (SoS) and the Conversion Beamer? Check.
    Mortis Dreadnoughts, a variant designed by the DA? Check.
    An all bike-mounted mobile strike force? Check.
    A Battle Company force that adheres to the Codex Astartes? Check.
    A sound tactical doctrine that hearkens back to the Lion's strategic brilliance? Check.

Just steer clear of Vanguard/Sternguard and you can make a DA list easily. If anyone gives you crap, call them the Emperor's Swords or something.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm i just know the ridiculous amount of &%#% i would get with the friends i play with lol. But unless im fighting a space marine army, isnt the DA codex still in line with most of the others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Well you can thank GW for the looming cluster@#$% of counts-as, all it takes is a simple FAQ.

The DA book worked against everyone before the new marine Codex, it was a tad underpowered beyond Doublewing but usable.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play DA and I'm taking them to the second round of Ard Boys without fear.

They are still a very solid option and even with the new codex out, they have several advantanges:

1 - Cool independent characters that have plenty of features not found on SM codex. Azrael for example, cost less that Calgar and have a better save and an invul save that Calgar doesn't have. And DA Chaplains and Librarians are still I5 and have one more attack than their SM counter parts.

2 - DA Scouts are elites and don't take troops slots. Although they seem more expensive, if you add the point cost for the whole squad of 10, they cost less than SM scouts and are better shots.

3 - DA bikers are fully equiped with teleporter homers, fearless and have scout

4 - DA have the Deathwing Attack allowing half of their terminators to came on turn one. Used with the scout move and the teleporter homer, you can imagine how this affect armies that don't like CC like Tau and IG.

Now, there are several things I like on the new SM codex and I expect that GW will eventually converge the codexes but, until that happens, you can still play DA on a competitive scenario and still win a lot of games.

+ Reply to Thread