A codex like all the others... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

A codex like all the others...

Well i have had my codex now for 4 days. And already the pages are coming out of their binding. Same as a lot of codex i see people have these days. The store codex was broke within a few days. And i am very careful with all my codexes. They are all stored nicely at home, and only taken with my if i go to the store, or want to make a list. I think the binding company they use must be garbage.

So i will be exchanging it for a new one on saturday. And then if that one breaks, i will return it. And so...and so on... you get it. Untill i just ask the manager to get it bound for me in some way.

So, has anyone else had this problem yet? Or already anyway...

All input would be nice

Nox

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guard codex started doing that a few days ago, but I've had that for 3 years now, so I don't think that's too unreasonable for a heavily used paperback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

4th ed 'dex and rule book, had them both for almost 2 years, not a single page came loose.
    5th ed 'dex is still in mint condition, although the one my mate got from games day is (pardon the term) shagged already - mostly through me trying to steal it off him =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Wow, really?

I've never seen a GW book come apart. Not mine, not other players, not the GW store copies that get handled all day, every day. Even my GW's store copy of the 4th edition rulebook was in decent shape when they retired it now that 5th edition is out, and I'm almost positive that book is the original one they had out in the store from day one.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never happened to me. Corners may have been scuffed over years but pages have never fallen out. I suspect the adhesive is deteriorating somehow. Do you live in a hot climate or store your codex somewhere that gets a lot of sun? Are you dating a Sister of Battle? Is your brother a Salamander?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Trench Rat View Post
    Are you dating a Sister of Battle? Is your brother a Salamander?
    ROFL!
    I now have a dozen work colleagues looking at me thinking "what on earth is he smoking?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

the space marine book is simply too thick for the cheap binding they usually use in their books.

solution: take it to kinko's.

for roughly 5 dollars they'll rebind the book with those spiral notebook spine things in it... don't really know what it's called but bam, problem solved. added benefit, you can just have the book rolled and folded to the page you want without actually damaging the pages.
    you can get some pages laminated but that costs a lot more, so at most i'd just say the front and rear cover for transit and storage.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has happened to me with every book I've bought since the Dwarf armybbok, and seems to be common around both the Richmond an Washington DC areas. I've just come to expect bad quality after my High Elf book fell apart in 3 days. A big section in the middle just fell out when I was trying to explain Dragon Mages to a friend. Both my local GWs don't even do exchanges on them anymore, if they've fallen apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

None of my books did this, except the empire armybook. So that's not too bad is it?
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Well the pages havnt quite fallen completely out yet, but they are half way out up the binding. I like that kinkos idea, though im not sure if theres one around here. And if im paying 30 dollars for a codex it better not break so easily, and i shouldnt have to get it bound.

Are you dating a Sister of Battle? Is your brother a Salamander?
    I WISH! hahaha sadly that is not the case.

The book is inside my girlfriends house all day, and she has the blinds closed. So no sun light, no heat.

EVERY book that my gqw store has is broken in some way. Maybe its the community that doesnt treat them nicely.

Thanks for the input guys,
    Nox

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast