Librarium Online Forums banner

techmarine basing

893 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Grey2321 
#1 ·
hallo,

is there any reason why i can't put a Techmarine or Master of the Forge on a Terminator base? or a Dreadnought base?
its just the little base just looks awkward in my opinion.

thanks.

#5 ·
A friend's Ork army has two 60mm bases with 3 Gretchen attached. It's kind of a diorama style too, with quite a lot of conversion work gone in.
It looks really good having these two lots of 3 Gretchen running forward surrounded by a sea of individual models. For simplicity, we say it’s a single model with 3 wounds and 3 attacks. There is even a little slot between two legs to hold a single dice to dictate the number of wounds left - its pure genius! Still dies to rapid bolter fire, but looks good =) No idea if it would be tauney legal thou...

CR

#6 ·
60mm is a a terminator base, right?

cool, i just have always thought it looks really stupid with this massive guy carrying a servo-harness, on a tiny normal (25mm?) base.

cheers.

oh, another question, awhile back i remember seeing a dedicated transport for a techmarine and servitors, and the razorback/rhino had a sort of crane thing, does that pose any game consequences? or just a cool conversion?

ciao.

#10 ·
couple o' more questions,

i really dislike that bikes get bases and attack bikes don't, can i put my attack bikes on dreadnought bases?

also, does having a larger base affect game play?

is it a bad idea to make high bases gamewise? for sergeants, captains terminators anf the like.

cheers!

PS. i had the idea of putting a Land Raider on the mumakil base, is that a bit idiotic? and what bases are out there for Rhinos and Razorbacks?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.