Things I don't appear to be allowed anymore (marines) :( - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things I don't appear to be allowed anymore (marines) :(

sorry to whinge but I feel a little peeved after sitting and Reading the new codex, maybe someone could help me feel better

Command squads can't take jump
    Packs? But my captain can?
    WTF? Why?

Dreadnought, I can replace the multimelter with anything except the power fist I want for my furioso, what?

Honour guard, no jump packs, why?

+ the whole dumbing down so you can't personalize characters like you used to is just rubbish.

Her

Rant over

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsugaku-San View Post
    sorry to whinge but I feel a little peeved after sitting and Reading the new codex, maybe someone could help me feel better
    Don't expect to find much sympathy, people hatez marienz!

Command squads can't take jump
    Packs? But my captain can?
    WTF? Why?

Dreadnought, I can replace the multimelter with anything except the power fist I want for my furioso, what?

Honour guard, no jump packs, why?
    Play BA.

+ the whole dumbing down so you can't personalize characters like you used to is just rubbish.
    Dark Angels, Chaos, and Blood Angels players would like a word with you.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

It was impossible to give jump packs to an entire command squad under the previous codex also. If you did it, your armies were illegal.

Furioso Dread' is a Blood Angels exclusive unit, see that Codex for its rules. Coincidentally, Blood Angels are also allowed to give jump packs to their honor guard.

Are you sure you didn't just get the wrong book? =)

While in principle I'm inclined to more or less agree with you, why was it under hallowed old system where anybody could build any custom combo they liked with dozens of options.... in hundreds of games I only ever played against the same 3 or 4 well-known min-max marine HQ builds.
    Last edited by InquisitorAffe; October 10th, 2008 at 01:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Stick the Captain in a Vanguard squad. They rock. Also, use your Furioso as an Ironclad Dreadnought, a Seismic Hammer is pretty much a DCCW anyway - just model some flamers/meltaguns on too (they rock!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    Are you sure you didn't just get the wrong book? =)
    Ah late night ranting from bed with an iphone, not always the best way to make decisions - the chapter is in fact a BA succesor, but I had been under the impression that the new codex somehow got rid of a lot of BA stuff.... my mistake

So in that case....!

How do you reconcile differences between the BA codex and new marine codex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsugaku-San View Post
    How do you reconcile differences between the BA codex and new marine codex?
    Simple - don't.

The new Marines do their thing, and the BA do theirs. Both are independent and self contained unless GW says otherwise.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Simple - don't.

The new Marines do their thing, and the BA do theirs. Both are independent and self contained unless GW says otherwise.
    Hmm.

Well I don't mind the command structure etc running just as it was before - how about the extra squads that are available in the codex however? Veterans, scout transports etc etc.

Would they be available no problem, just fitting into the slots as before?

Cheers all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

No, you only get what is in your codex, nothing more, so no LR redeemer, syernguard, vanhuard, landspeeder storm etc etc etc.
    You can ask to use the new stuff in a BA army for a friendly game or in apocalypse but for anything else like tournaments it's a big fat no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon View Post
    No, you only get what is in your codex, nothing more, so no LR redeemer, syernguard, vanhuard, landspeeder storm etc etc etc.
    You can ask to use the new stuff in a BA army for a friendly game or in apocalypse but for anything else like tournaments it's a big fat no.

Well doesn't that mean that any marine player with a chapter specific published codex is buggered?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

No.
    Non Blood Angel players can't use Baal predators, death company, assault squads as troops, furioso dreads, death company dreads, supercharged engines or jump pack equipped command squads. BA techmarines don't use up a FOC slot, neither do death company.

Plus Mephiston is only an invulnerable save away from being the mast character in the game, and Dante spreads the preferred enemy love around.

Blood Angels are far from buggered. You can have 12 scoring units that move 12" a turn, +D6" for running, for around 1200 points. No one else can do that. On a single FOC you can have 110 jump pack equipped units, and with Dante in the middle you have a 24" circle of rerolls. That is powerful. You might not have hellfire rounds and your land raiders may only be able to carry five terminators, but Blood Angels are still a very powerful close combat army - far more so than anything Codex SM can throw out.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast