Whats the point in Bolt pistols - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    coz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Whats the point in Bolt pistols

Hey

is their any reason why tactical squads have a bolt pistol as part of their equipment.
    They dont have a C/C weapon so why would you need it. unless you want to charge after firing, but no extra attack.

Am i missing out on something.The reason i am asking is that i want to use some veteran models with pistol and chainswords as tactical marines, but am worried that i cant use them due to the chainsword being an upgrade for the sergent only.

Should i just remove the chainsword and add another bolt pistol,knife,bolter or a bunch of flowers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

you already answered your own question.
    the point in bolt pistols is just that they can shoot and charge thereafter, that's it.
    i guess they (GW) didn't give them CCW cause they would be to overpowered or to let chaos have a bit flavor for their own.

for the Veteran models, i fear it isn't WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) so you can't play tournaments with them as tacticals marines save the sergeant without a point penalty.
    for friendship games there schouldn't be a problem, just explain it.
    to fix it, just buy a Combat Squad box or a Tactical Squad box, cause Veteran models
    are to expensive to screw them up by removing their chainsword, (maybe, one day, you want to play with a veteran squad and then you have to buy them anew) so it schouldn't be a money problem.

hope this helps

coz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Cheers for your reply
    The reason i want to use some of the veteran models and the new stern guard is just because plastic tactical marines are just sooo boring now. I will have to use tactical marines but they will be built and converted to look more ornate like the above.

this means finding lots of bolters with with the strap (dark angel vets bits)and metal marines like the Blood Angels death company with the BA bits removed and Forgeworlds Red Scorpion bodys again with icons removed and some trimmed down chaos legs.
    I dont mind spending money and cutting bits up if its for the cause.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

i have a tip for you,
    if you want to mock up your tactical marines a bit you could attach some
    blister schoulder pads for your chapter or something in that direction.
    normally GW doesn't make those anymore but in the online store of GW Germany you can still find and buy them,
    i attach a link below, (you can find interesting other crap there to!)

hope you find something you like,

Games Workshop Online–Shop — Bitz-Packs

+ Reply to Thread