Bikes or assualt squads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bikes or assualt squads

In general do you prefer bikes or assualt squads to fill your fast unit choices? It appears that assualt squads are more versatile and better able to take objectives but are not as shooty as bikes. Bikes seem like a lot of points/model. The only reaon I can see taking one would be to get a teleport homer to the front lines quickly. Not sure thats worth it with the new drop pod rules.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Assault Squads are for, surprise surprise, assaulting. Bikes are more oriented towards mobile firepower. They have twin-linked bolters, an array of special weapons, and an Attack Bike in tow. They put out dakka and keep moving while Assault Squads get stuck in asap. Also teleport homers never hurt.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never forget, bikes give you the +1 Toughness, which anything except S8 has to wound against your toughness 5. Very Handy.

+ Reply to Thread