Cadian Youth Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys think about the new cadian youth army, I think they are pretty crazy because you can basically have a 50 man squad for 200 points, and six of those for 1200 points...300 Cadians would be pretty ridiculous to kill, even if they do suck ass on the stat line..Anyways, what are your thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats gonna be good Cause all i like to do is get loads of infantry and attack....but whats the difference between the Cadian Youth Army and the Cadian Shock Troops or the other Cadian forces?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the matter? Scared of a bunch of teenagers with guns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadian Youth Armies are in the Cadian Shock Troop army. You can have a platoon of them consisting of 2-5 infintry sections for one troop choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea is kind of cool, but I'd feel kind of inferior on the battlefield with a group of teens with guns. Sure, they could spam the hell out of the enemy, but how would you feel if someone in a platoon was barking orders, and then their voice suddenly cracked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do sound kind of cool. However i thought it was a one to one ratio with the youths and the veterans. Besides the point though.... although you may get a whole lot of troops and a lot of shots or attacks you have to roll like 5+ to hit and wound with their stats. But that is not too bad of a problem, what i would see as the main problem is the close combat sweeping advance rules, not allowing you to fire at them once they are in CC or fire over/through the CC thus blocking your tanks and HW squads LOS. Another problem would be the leadership tests that must be taken by units within 6 in. of a unit that has been wiped out. But the whole sheer numbers thing may be a whole lot of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ColonelKillmore@Jul 2 2003, 19:34
    What's the matter? Scared of a bunch of teenagers with guns?
    Yeah actually i am......well sorta But they sound interesting thats all!

Closed Thread