death comp point cost and choises - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

death comp point cost and choises

Hi i started with BA recently and i want to know what will be better , 10 DC in a rhino or 10 DC with jumppaks. And how are the point costs with the DC quads because i dont get the hang on it yet.

Tx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the current Blood Angels Codex, you do not buy Death Company members. Your Death Company gets 1 member for each squad you have that is listed in the Death Company entry.

As for Rhino versus jump packs, I prefer the Rhino for protection, though the Death Company are pretty resilient on their own. Blood Angels Rhinos also have overcharged engines, so they can move farther than a jump pack squad that is not assaulting. I think it comes down to personal preference, though.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the current blood angel codex you get one DC for every tac assult terminator or deverstaor squad u can also buy them separately for **pts
    in small numbers jump packs are more effective in larger numbers a rhino is a viable option tho jump packs offer more manoverbality.
    I personaly would not spend to much on the death company as they are targeted quickly by any enemy who knows what there doing and for the price of ten of them i can take a kited up 8 man vet assult squad i know which id prefer on the battlefield
    blood angels 5000 pts
    imperial guard 500 pts
    orks 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLO86 View Post
    With the current blood angel codex you get one DC for every tac assult terminator or deverstaor squad u can also buy them separately for **pts
    in small numbers jump packs are more effective in larger numbers a rhino is a viable option tho jump packs offer more manoverbality.
    I personaly would not spend to much on the death company as they are targeted quickly by any enemy who knows what there doing and for the price of ten of them i can take a kited up 8 man vet assult squad i know which id prefer on the battlefield
    You have a point, however, I would point out that the fact that the Death Company tend to draw a lot of fire can be a good thing. The more shots fired at your Death Company, the fewer fired at your Tactical Squad taking that objective. The more anti-tank shots fired at the Death Company's Rhino, the fewer fired at your other armored vehicles, your Terminators, your Dreadnought(s), etc.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread