LC Assault vet or Captain? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LC Assault vet or Captain?

I hate to spam the forum but good advice comes from here, so here's another question, power sowrd and lightnight claws are the same points cost, so do i
    a) give the captain who is with a squad of tactical marines with a vet and powersword the lightnight claw, and powersword the assault marine sargent.
    or b) give the power sword to the captain so he gets +1 attack and is backed up by the tactical squad and then give the assault veteran the lightning claw so he has a better chance of killing things unsupported?

Move forward and stay quiet brothers.

Check out my half finished blog here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mm definitely LC on the captain if those are your options, but really, with LC you might as well go the whole hog and take a pair for the additional attack and take full advantage of it.
    Iron Swords 3rd Company - We are the swords which reap the bodies of our foes.

Train of thought will be terminating at.. edible murder weapons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that would be awesome, but avalibility means I only have one claw....Where would you even get one for a captain's other hand, just buy the shrike model maybe. Well I am playing ravenguard so that may not be as crazy as I first thought. Hmm. Thanks for the avenue of thought there.
    Move forward and stay quiet brothers.

Check out my half finished blog here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you've got a power fist lying around, why not have some fun and try to convert one? ;3 attack some blades to the back of the power fist, or if it's one of those open ones, replace the fingers with blades >:3
    Iron Swords 3rd Company - We are the swords which reap the bodies of our foes.

Train of thought will be terminating at.. edible murder weapons!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I'd say definitely give the Captain a standard Power Weapon; the bonus attack has far more potential than the re-roll to Wound that you get from a single Lightning Claw. However, I'd recommend giving the Assault Marine Sergeant either a pair of Lightning Claws, or a Power Fist, and not a single Lightning Claw. I run my Assault Marine Sergeants with Power Fists, myself; a very useful weapon!

Also, check out the Sons of Deliverance clan (linked in my signature); it's an LO clan dedicated to Raven Guard players.

+ Reply to Thread