Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi all, I have just purchased 5 catachan snipers for my cadian looking/ my own fluff army.
1. can I use them with my cadian troops ?
2. how effective are they, are they worth getting ?
3. how should I use them ?
4. some info on them such as points as only rattling are in the codex and I dont want them.
1. sure, it's your army
2. only if in ratling squads (it's fine to proxy your models in place of ratlings)
3. in ratling squads, killing monsterous creatures-type enemies
4. the only other way to get snipers is either in special weapon squads (you get only 3 for the cost of 6 ratlings), or by using light infantry in place of a heavy weapon in your squads (not a great exchange of firepower). so unless you're bound to use them for fluff reasons, go with ratling squads.
I'm hoping for perhaps an option to get snipers in the new dex close to the ratling stat line and cost. Not as it is now: 6 ratlings for the price of 3 "normal" snipers.
meh. use standard guard snipers and call them ratlings. better yet, get the sniper scout squad and call them ratlings.
you van use them as Cadian Snipers too!
Use the light infantry doctrine, and if the squad doesn't have a heavy weapon or dedicated transport one guardsman can be upgraded to a sniper for cinq points
We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....
oh real ? how do I use them as Cadian Snipers ? thats kina what I want, and what are the stats for them ?
"Hard pounding, gentlemen: but we shall see who can pound the longest."
Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
I have 10 Catachan Sniper models that I routinely use as "Ratlings" since I dislike the ratling models. Nobody has complained as of yet.
What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?
I find that snipers are now only worthwhile when mass fired with SM scouts, ratlings or pathfinders. If you ask me, putting one sniper in a light infantry unit is a waste since they lose all mobility and the sniper will miss half the time. Special weapons squads should serve a greater purpose then having 3 lonely snipers. It's better spent deepstriking with either melta, plasma or a demo-charge.
Imperial Guard: 3000 pts
Chaos Daemons: 1000 pts