Storm Speeders? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Speeders?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Storm Speeders?

I was just curious, has anyone giving the storm speeder with scout squad a shot yet?

I ask because i run a 10 man scout squad w/ 4 snipers, 1 missile launcher, 2 shotguns, 2 c.c.w. & bolt pistol, and Sergeant w/ power weapon & melta bombs. I split the unit.

What i want to know is how well the storm scout assault is panning out for everyone, and is it worth it?

Last edited by OniBane; October 23rd, 2008 at 19:44.
    "All of the tainted shall fall before me".

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

they are situation specific, sometimes good sometimes not.
    you have to pick and choose the unit to assault from it and you have to make sure whatever you assaul it WS3 T3 low armor otherwise you probably won't win.
    one round of bolter fire pretty much destroys the thing.
    Last edited by DJinni; October 23rd, 2008 at 17:19.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that at 100pts for a 5 man scout squad with power fist and the rest with bolt pistols and combat blades in a 50pt land speeder storm while using Shrike ( giving eveyone fleet) is great.

Scout move 12" with land speeder then first turn move 12" with it get out with the scouts Fleet D6 the charge. That is a possible 36" movement which will get them near any objective or to anoy a unit close buy. Also the lanspeede can give covering fir with its heavybolter.

Blood Angels 23/3/7
    Raven Guard 1/0/1
    Necrons 0/0/1
    Tyranids 2/0/5
    For One, For All, For The Emperor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgwild View Post
    I think that at 100pts for a 5 man scout squad with power fist and the rest with bolt pistols and combat blades in a 50pt land speeder storm while using Shrike ( giving eveyone fleet) is great.

Scout move 12" with land speeder then first turn move 12" with it get out with the scouts Fleet D6 the charge. That is a possible 36" movement which will get them near any objective or to anoy a unit close buy. Also the lanspeede can give covering fir with its heavybolter.
    its not a dedicated transport though so doesn't get the scout move.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by DJinni View Post
    its not a dedicated transport though so doesn't get the scout move.
    But it does have the Scout USR....
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would probably use 3 or none at all, you really need numbers fast on your opponent's line to support the scouts otherwise they'll just get swamped. Take 3 storms, a command squad on bikes with khan, and a bunch of rhinos and go nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I think this option would really come to it's own if there are more speeders on the table, 1 storm speeder is gonna get shot down fast. But bring 3 and some landspeeders, they would work!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Looking at the book alone (no field experience yet) this seems like a "glass lance" thing - too fragile to carry on fighting after the fist move, which I give you that, is a nasty surprise for anyone that does not anticipate 1st turn charge, but what after that? As stated above, your whole army has to be near enemy lines by the end of turn 1, or else those scouts will bite it in your opponent's turn number 1...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

It also bears mentioning that the LSS itself can totally ruin DSing armies like Daemons or Drop Pod Marines. Plus, enemies are at -2Ld when getting assaulted by it so those 5 scouts can cause a lot of problems for any army if they even win by 1. Fragile, but if you can combine it with bigger threats (Drop Pods, Land Raiders, etc) it should be fairly safe.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread