ridic assassin combo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ridic assassin combo

I think i might have broken the game with the cullexus assassin. First do the Last Chancers army, and upgrade them all to sanctioned psykers. that way, you have 16+ psykers right next to your cullexus, which means, he rips open any unit on the table. sure they got to pass ld, but its 10 cause of the leader, so thats sweet.

What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Heheh, that certainly sounds nasty. The only trouble is that the Assassin is an independent model, so in a list like that he'd have every gun on the table pointed at him, and it'd only take one or two squads worth of shooting at the most to bring him down. Then you're stuck with a highly specialized list with no centerpiece.

I don't think it'd be terribly competitive, but it'd probably be worth trying out once for a laugh in a friendly setting =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Heheh, that certainly sounds nasty. The only trouble is that the Assassin is an independent model, so in a list like that he'd have every gun on the table pointed at him, and it'd only take one or two squads worth of shooting at the most to bring him down. Then you're stuck with a highly specialized list with no centerpiece.

I don't think it'd be terribly competitive, but it'd probably be worth trying out once for a laugh in a friendly setting =).

-H
    Use mobile cover i.e. rhino. <--- stick sanctioned pyskers in here with the celexus behind then jump out and go kaboooom!
    I love this idea, I couldn't imagine the celexus being too happy.
    I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by image vertification sux View Post
    Use mobile cover i.e. rhino. <--- stick sanctioned pyskers in here with the celexus behind then jump out and go kaboooom!
    I love this idea, I couldn't imagine the celexus being too happy.
    Well, I hate doing the back-and-forth thing, since there's always a counter to everything (at least theoretically), but the enemy could always just shoot your transport full of holes. Or use a mobile element to expose the Culexus to fire. Or drop Ordnance on him.

I guess my point is that basing your entire list (or a significant portion, anyways) around a single fragile and expensive model that requires a handful of other fragile and expensive (as I recall) models to be positioned around him to operate effectively doesn't seem like a very competitive choice to me, though it'd probably be fun to try a few times. Just my opinion.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

meh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess my point is that basing your entire list (or a significant portion, anyways) around a single fragile and expensive model that requires a handful of other fragile and expensive (as I recall) models to be positioned around him to operate effectively doesn't seem like a very competitive choice to me, though it'd probably be fun to try a few times. Just my opinion.
    Dosn't this describe the DH completely though? I mean think about our ridiculously low model count. If anyone can pull off this unit combo it would be somebody that plays with an overpriced and underpowered codex, and yup I think that we come in first there.

I know this is not the "correct" thread to put this into but it relates to my point so I'm going to post it. Most other armies that people play are easy in comparison to DH(when playing with vanilla marines I can storm the board quite easily) so players that get used to playing at a lower difficulty army are not going to be as good as players generally speaking who play a harder army.
    What did that all mean? That DH players have to learn how to play much better and will most likely play with a cunning few other players use. Like telling the truth about what is in that transport: a group of guardsmen with no special or heavy weapons, they act as cannon fodder. in order to direct your opponents attention elsewhere until it's too late. Keeping it in cover and denying LoS until the assassin is in range works too. Overall my point is that most experienced DH players are used to playing with pricey models that die really fast and rely on certain circumstances to succeed.
    If you have the models I would say try it but your going to have to be careful with this unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

I don't know what those guys last chancers can do really, but as already said, if they take out your Celexus, its bye bye tactic.

If the last chancer are by themselves quite nice models, adding the Celexus to the mix could only add to their potential.
    But if those Last chancers are terrible, then don't do it. Remeber that an =I= is a psyker too, and Grey Knight squad leaders & HQ's are also spykers. These could also give you some extra shots.
    You can also side with Eldar in a Apoc battle, and walk close to his Seer squad, for of Warlocks? (those are psykers right?)
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

+ Reply to Thread