Holy Promethium - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Promethium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

is Holy Promethium worth it? I've been thinking about it as I still am no where being ready to play my army, and all I can do is think about it. Looking at targets, I think non power armor models will take 25% casualties whenever I fire it. Powered armored targets will either be fearless or have such a high leadership it won't matter much. Have any of you used Holy Promethium?

The fire's going out...pass me another heretic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only is it worth it, but I would go so far as to say it's necessary. The original Immolators basically had them as standard equipment; it was part of the twin heavy flamer rule.

Nothing routs a squad quite like twin burninators with a holy promethium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. I will leave the Holy Promethium on the immolators.

I am about to break the oath I gave to myself and play my SoB army primed, but unpainted. The heretics are begging to be cleansed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it was handy. I've come up against it before and its not pretty...
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

It is a good choice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Holy *****! Wise words Robin! Anyone care to explain just why exactly it’s such a good idea?

Let’s see now, since the Immolator is not the most powerful or effective heavy support it is a fairly cheap method of boosting its damage okay for sure. I however prefer the multi-melta option which is slightly expensive but extremely effective, or the twin-linked heavy bolter wepon option for the Immolator at a mere 5 points which is cheaper than holy promethium, and although with these weapon options you are unable to upgrade the immolator with the promethian, I found it dose far more damage. Especially considering this is only for Morale check and the likelihood of the immolator getting 25% or more casualties (unless of course you are taking on smaller units), or getting close enough to do so is a once in a game chance. Well I don’t use my Immolators to get so up and personal and into the heavy duty action in the first place, if you do however well you have a weak defensive vehicle that normally dose not last out long (unless you have more than 2, which I’ve read about and dose indeed work out well in a way). My opinion screw the holy crap, stick to weapon options and extra armour, holy icon is another good choice if you do like to go up and personal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on what you're up against.

And as for his question, he was asking if Holy Promethium was worth taking, so I assumed he was already decided upon using the heavy flamers.

The last game I played was against Eldar, and I ran one up either flank. One of them ran right into a squad of 10 men, ALL of which were wiped out by the single Immolator (the were trying to make the best use of their "cover," so they were all lined up in 2 single file ranks) in one turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Originally posted by serpentine@Jul 5 2004, 22:41

The last game I played was against Eldar, and I ran one up either flank. One of them ran right into a squad of 10 men, ALL of which were wiped out by the single Immolator (the were trying to make the best use of their "cover," so they were all lined up in 2 single file ranks) in one turn.
    Yes, but I'm sure you'll agree that such cases are a rarity, and therefore to me is a liability. A non-negotiable or acceptable liability.

If you use the twin heavy flammer option then go for it, but my personal option is with the other weapon choices as explained in my last post. It also depends on how you plan to use your Immolator(s). In my format the holy promethian would not come to much use if I were to adopt the twin flammer option, but to other’s with their own WH battle styles it may work out well. I just thought it would be wise to inform of the other viewpoint, rather than sticking to the popular idea without any genuine explanation on why.

Please if you’re going to give out an opinion back it up with a reason on why its so good or crap, otherwise that opinion means didily squat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging by the readers response concerning my "diddly squat opinion," I'd say that I and the others answered his question adequately, whether or not we provided the reasoning behind our answers.

Re-reading his question, it appears as though he was looking for our advice on our experiences with said item in question, which I believe I provided.

I am terribly sorry that my answer did not meet your expectations and I will try earnestly to meet your standards in the future.

Have a good day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

yes you did answer my question. My army has three immolators in it. One with Heavy Flamer and two with multi-melta. The HF armed one carries 6 Dominions, four of whom are armed with flamers. This is my counter-attack/flush'em out of cover unit. Common opponents are Nid, Ork, and soon Tau. My army is posted as Sob Army...somewhere.

My exorcist will be in soon and after I build and prime it, I will play them. Otherwise I won't get to play until after January. I am off to the desert soon. Oh joy, I get to defend a people who hate me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast