Sgt Telion... Is he worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Sgt Telion... Is he worth it?

So i've been playing him in a few games and in one he killed a m/melta by being able to select who takes the saves, but really other than that one time in 3 games he hasn't done much.

He can hit well but in most games then wounds on a 4 so will probably only wound 1 thing per round (which could then be picked out if it fails its save) but he's a big whack of points and doesn't have a p/weapon to defend his unit.

He can forgo shooting and pass on his BS to say a heavy weapon (would be the only thing worth while) which could lower the scatter on the hellfire or make the normal h/bolter or m/launcher more accurate.

BUT with all these good points is he worth the **pts that could be spent else where...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my trials using him with snipers with cloaks and a missile launcher use his BS on the ML and u can pick off all but the hardest of ppl and kill sergs or special troops

he doesnt fit my fluff so i dont use him anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I liked him on paper also, but from my trials, completely not worth the 50pts in small-mid sized games.

Large games 50pts don't matter much... but the point is he's generally not worth it ><

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

makes me like the old Mad Larkin character even more, he's 16 points cheaper!

Not to mention he ignores armor and coversaves on a roll of 5+ to hit
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by MadLarkin View Post
    makes me like the old Mad Larkin character even more, he's 16 points cheaper!

Not to mention he ignores armor and coversaves on a roll of 5+ to hit
    Was this for the guard?
    Just finished "The Founding" ... O is for AWEsome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to lean toward being "Worth It" He is pricy to be sure (not to mention you have to have scouts...) but most games he should have an opportunity to earn his points back. He can either double the BS of the scout holding that missle launcher, so you can take out a transport easily (earning almost his points back) or you can take a shot with his improved bolter and take out a sarge or upgraded troop. If you get a rending wound on a guy with a powerfist, that's HUGE.

Plus, he's got an insane cover save because of the stealth rule - its not hard to get him to 2+ cover save.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

A little steep

While I agree that he is a little steep I think this is more a case of learning to use him than anything else. Once you get into the swing i'm sure you will be able to make those 50pts back easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Moskov Humperdink View Post
    in my trials using him with snipers with cloaks and a missile launcher use his BS on the ML and u can pick off all but the hardest of ppl and kill sergs or special troops
    he doesn't get Eye of Vengeance, when using Word of experience.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had some success with him vs horde orks. He pops the PK nob, and I send my dread over to get stuck in. Without the Klaw the dread just ties up the boyz and pounds them into hamburger. I run him along w/3 sniper scouts and a heavy bolter. The special ammo on the heavy bolter is outstanding anti horde as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doskar View Post
    I have had some success with him vs horde orks. He pops the PK nob, and I send my dread over to get stuck in. Without the Klaw the dread just ties up the boyz and pounds them into hamburger. I run him along w/3 sniper scouts and a heavy bolter. The special ammo on the heavy bolter is outstanding anti horde as well.
    /Agree in certain situations he is really great to have. Seen way to many Marines fall to the PK Nob and just lose by attrition due to no Armor Saves. With you choosing how the wounds are distributed say by by to the PK Nob early and give those marines a chance at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast