GW giving away unit stats? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

GW giving away unit stats?

I was just checking out GW's store for some more ideas on changes to my current list, and found something quite.....different.

For example, surf your way over to the Marneus Calgar and Honour guard box set - costs about £30 i think.
    When you pull up the main details page for that kit, below the description there is a little note saying "With this box set you can make the following:", and then provides two links for Calgar and the Honour guard. Clicking on either one will drop a small box down, detailing the exact unit stats (no points cost mind!), the unit type, composition and war gear for that unit!

I had not noticed this before now - proberbly something that existed for a while. Just wondering if you guys had seen this before? It seems like the unit stats are available for pretty much every unit for every race (though i dont have a few hours to kill checking )

Also, if these stats are being made publicly available, will this change the forum rules on posting unit stats? (This question being directed at Canew more than anyone for his love of upholding the rules, hehe.)

As a side note, for some sets there is also a small section of text giving hints and tips on the use of the unit too - i advice you to take a look if you didnt know this existed already! =)

CR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

GW can do what they want with their stats, it doesn't change the fact we don't have the right to post them on this forum the same way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

The unit stats for every single unit in the game are also in the rule book, again without the points, so whilst it might be new on the website it isn't something new by GW.

Copyright is copyright and you can't reproduce something without consent, even if it is publically available elsewhere.

Football fixtures are a good example - they can be reproduced on public websites, but not on public forums or messageboards.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

+ Reply to Thread