The Thone or the Saint? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Throne or saint hero?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Throne

9 22.50%
  • Saint

31 77.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Thone or the Saint?

of the two heros witch is your favorite. (and not becaues you love your faith points)

although the saint doesnt pack as much of a punch as the throne. the saint just seems like its worth it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

neither, because generic units can do job better than these special heroes, and it doesnt speak well about our generic units but poorly about our special characters. =(

looks-wise i like throne more but it is just sitting here collecting dust on my shelf and keeping those vampire counts jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill agree with you there, that throne is a nice model. (have one myself)
    after beefing up a cannoness to cost about 125-150 to do the same stuff as the Saint i think i would spend 50 points just to see them give the "F you" look when you fly in the saint at the end of turn 6 and denie a objective or whatever.
    Fear the Fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another vote for neither. I cannot see much point in taking either character. Those points are far better off spent elsewhere. Some people really hate special characters too, so you may risk annoying your opponent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

These are my main canoness builds:

BW (cheap) = 121 pts
    Jump Pack, Cloak, Book, Blessed Weapon, Frags.

EV (cheap) = 115 pts
    Jump Pack, Cloak, Book, Eviscerator.

Pimp-your-Canoness Options:
    -Master Craft Eviscerator! (I love it)
    -Brazier of Holy Fire (nice to take out trash)
    -Litanies of Faith (if you travel with a large seraphim squad)
    -Inferno Pistol (an OK choice imo but does job well if you are tank hunting, wich is not main role for canoness)

Down side of the deep striking: you do scatter! Celestine has very bad armour options, you would always go for 2+ armour save since you should make it invulnerable every time you are in a hard fight. Hit and Run is cool, but you can just detatch canoness from the unit and make sure she goes about her business while seraphims do their job.

About Specialized units:
    I agree that units should be eiher geared for one or the other thing, the deal with the seraphims is that they are patching holes for the whole army, they kill things that get too close to other sisters, pop tanks that get too ballsy and wipe clean enemy units that got too reckless. They can lead the assault as well. They are a very multi-specialized unit, thanks to the veteran superior buff they receive.

EDIT: the rant about specialization is to your other post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Elric of Grans View Post
    Another vote for neither. I cannot see much point in taking either character. Those points are far better off spent elsewhere. Some people really hate special characters too, so you may risk annoying your opponent.
    New space marine characters are ridiculous! I wish we would get half of that in a girl or two.
    Master-Organist Somegothicname
    Can be bought as an upgrade to your exorcist. It will now be BS 6 and shoots 3+d3 rockets instead, it will ignore crew shaken and stunned results...
    Insane isnt it? oh wait space marines already have that!

/anger off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The Saint can be better than the throne if you ask me.

She's got a flamer that can show up everywhere, and strikes at I5 or even I7 in CC,
    with WS5 and a reroll. Those abilities are a little special and can be useful in a few
    situations:

You might find her useful against small squads of elites, like 3-4 Terminators, or a few Genestealers, or an IC. With her high init, she could sweep a squad of Necrons, or maybe
    defeat a small, elite Eldar unit.

This is definitely a relatively narrow spectrum of uses, which becomes increasingly
    more likely to occur as the game size gets larger (say 1850 and up).

A big difference between Celestine and a Cannones, is that the Cannoness makes
    sense to use as a tarpit, or a martyring interceptor of an enemy charge.
    A Cannoness can lose a combat, and even die in it, and that role integrates very effectively with rest of the army.

It makes less sense to for Celestine to lose any combat, because of fearlessness penalty, and also because she costs a good deal more, and also because of the potentially game-breaking penalties that can accompany her death.

So in many respects, she does less than a Cannoness, and costs more doing it.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not played yet, though looking at the two, I would only take either when the points start getting higher like 1850 or more, which I don't usually play much of so meh. I might still just run a canoness with retinue of celsts in immolator anyhow. Or an inquisitor lord if I needed elite slot and wanted an assassin.

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Just for fluff reason I love the saint. And the 3 faith points is awesome. Although admittedly the only games I've ran her she was my only sisters model (played tanith with the saint after opponent's consent of course) and so her dying wasn't a big deal, even less so since she can come back!

But I'm proxying a sisters army (can't afford the real thing yet) with the saint and a cannoness
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

The Saint. I'm a Sororitas player.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast