Officers low down - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officers low down

Perhaps someone is interested in taking the time to inform me, but what are the differences and benefits to both a Heroic Senior officer, and a junior officer with honorifica. Is it just that if you pay up the extra points for the HSO that you can use an honorifica somewhere else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honorifica Imperialis seems wasted to me if your gonna use on a Junior officer in the Command Hq. Maybe use in a Infantry platoon command squad.

The best models to use it on would be on sanctionned psycker with a force weapon(making them great character killers) or a techpriest (power weapon+power fist+ power armour+ HSO stats)
    Imperial Guard: 3000 pts
    Chaos Daemons: 1000 pts

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Thats pretty much it. Most people simply use it for the effectively free powersword (it costs the points difference).

Another good place (apart from the above) is in a rough rider squad to getthe extra attacks withthe lance plus the raised I level.
    People often use it to get a second LD bubble if they are playing gun line lists as well.

Hope that helps

A

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Also fluff reasons, if you have a full company (or battallion, or even if you are lucky, a regiment) it seems a bit odd that a Junior Officer, no matter how medalworthy, would be leading it.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Experimental Strategist Sun the Unwilling's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

To Honorifica or not

Quote Originally Posted by Ready4anything View Post
    Perhaps someone is interested in taking the time to inform me, but what are the differences and benefits to both a Heroic Senior officer, and a junior officer with honorifica. Is it just that if you pay up the extra points for the HSO that you can use an honorifica somewhere else?
    The thing is they are limited to 50pts of wargear, so by taking honorifica, they are only left with half of what they are allowed to take. So if you plan on decking him out, go for the heroic one. If not, you save 5 points.
    "Hard pounding, gentlemen: but we shall see who can pound the longest."
    Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

that would depend on whether or not you have a FULL regiment

i remember in the first cain book it was stated that one regiment was commanded by a lieutenant, who had been field promoted from sergeant...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commisarlestat View Post
    Another good place (apart from the above) is in a rough rider squad to getthe extra attacks withthe lance plus the raised I level.
    People often use it to get a second LD bubble if they are playing gun line lists as well.

Hope that helps

A
    A good idea, I haven't thought of that altought I should point out to you that HI doesn't make the designated model an officer nor an independant caracter: So no extra Ld bubble. Just better stats.
    Imperial Guard: 3000 pts
    Chaos Daemons: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDv View Post
    A good idea, I haven't thought of that altought I should point out to you that HI doesn't make the designated model an officer nor an independant caracter: So no extra Ld bubble. Just better stats.
    You give this to one of the JOs in youre army to boost his LD. So you have 2 HSO equivalent LD bubbles instead of a HSO and JO one
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

personally i pay for the HSO because i dont like the idea of a junior officer with some fancy medal leading my army!!

besides that i put it on a junior officer(infantry platoon) that makes full use of close order drill making the officer initiative 5!!

JO(pw, bolt pistol, Horifica imperialis)
    2x guardsmen with ccw
    2x guardsmen with flamers

its a really cheap squad that does a lot of damage(the officer was a normal junior but one game he killed 2 ork warbosses, and 1 nob in hand to hand, and a battlewagon with his bolt pistol...............so being that great with just 1 wound and initiative 4 i gave him the upgrade and now........he is to say the least......impressive.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

wow dakka nice i love seeing officers wreck huge alien monstrosities and 400 yr old warriors of 100 crusades.

I use a HSO or SO as my command and a JO w/HI as one of my platoon commands in my tanith lists, both with powerfists. They're good assault units when combined with 3 flamers and a medic, although a decent amount of points.

when I'm not playing tanith though I play a conscript army, AT-2163 (Aquired Troops number 21 assisting Armored Regiment number 63, my narmanian armor) and the only multiwound models in that whole army is a rough rider with HI and several commissars. Everything is cheap, everything is in large quantities. JO command, 2 platoons, 2 50 man conscript platoons, 2 rough riders squads, hell hound, lots and lots of chimera's/leman russ's
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

+ Reply to Thread