painting squad markings on SOB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

painting squad markings on SOB

I set up an organizational chart for my Sisters that would allow me to interchange squads for different army points but keep the squads intact. So now I can have squads assigned rhinos and markings on both to indicate it. That brings me to my question.

Has anyone developed a squad marking scheme for sisters? I have seen articles about SM and IG but not sure if they can really apply to sister. Kind of want something different.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its strange but one thing you could do is the back packs. the two nubs and lines can be painted with assorted colors to represent a squad
    Fear the Fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Well, the problem is probably that the Sisters have a completely other kind of hierarchy than the Marines or the Guard, resulting in a lack of need for large squad markings. Sisters of a squad answer directly to their Superior, which in turn follows the orders given by the leader of the overall operation (= Canoness, Palatine or Legatine).

That being said ... how about marking the sides of the miniatures' bases with a colored stripe? This way, you as a player would know which miniature would belong to which squad.

Or, do it like me and paint a unique character name on each base, and make a Roll of Battle so you know which names belong to a squad.
    "Do you want your heretic rare, medium or well done, Lord Inquisitor?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I'd use their sleeves for any insignias.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally I did different coloured lines along the bottom of the robes, but a better idea, as stated above is coloured lines on the backpacks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

one thing that i did, doesnt go as in depth as it seems you want, was to paint the edges of the armor different colors based on what type of unit they are. For example, the elites and HQ have gold trim, fast have bronze, regular have blue, and heavy have silver. in addition to this i have painted the robes different colors depending on the individuals rank. All basic sisters have blue, the Veteran Sister Superiors have green, and all HQ have teal. this lets me tell which units are from what force slot and what rank each character is.

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

+ Reply to Thread