Potentially starting some Impy Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potentially starting some Impy Guard

Hi all, i was wanting to do my Vietnam style catachans. I was wondering a few things.

Are Vultures game legal without permission

Do the Catachans guns come attached to their arms or are they seperate?

Where can i get autoguns / Shotguns / Demo Charges from?

I came, I typo'd, I editted
    Orc / Empire / Deamon WFB (indecisive)
    Crimson Fists approaching 10 undefeated at 1500

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Vultures are not legal in normal games of 40k without your opponents ermission, although apocalypse has special flyer rules for large games.

Catachan weapons like cadian ones come atached to the model's arms.

Autoguns can be converted from lasguns, just take away the power pack and put in an ammo drum or something similar. Shotguns come on the scout sprue (normal not snipers) and weren't a very popular opyion so marine players woulld probobly give you the bitz. You're in luck my friens because as far as I know catachans are the only guard with a demo charge model.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

catachan arms come attached now? what a rip-off, the last box i bought a month ago still had them separate. as for demo charge, just take two binoculars, cut off the ocular part, glue their insides together and attach the cut part to a handle (the chainsword arm filed down to just a hand holding the hilt should do fine).

below is a pic (from my subpar webcam attached to my laptop) of my catachan demo charge carriers (don't feel like walking out into the parking lot to get my cadian ones from my transport case).

...oh and while i'm at it a pic of the catachan arm sprue, if you can make it out through the blurriness.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Certemplar View Post
    catachan arms come attached now? what a rip-off, the last box i bought a month ago still had them separate.
    I don't have the models so you may be right but I saw a picture of them
    BitzBox - Warhammer and 40k Plastic Bits

Sorry I hadn't scrolled all the way down the page, and the 7th row shows some arms with lasguns attached so I guess the answer is that some are attached and some aren't.

Also i found some pics of catachan demo charges
    http://ca.games-workshop.com/storefr...144&orignav=10
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers all, any idea where i can get autoguns from, the ones from necromunda looked a bit like m16s so if i can get 70+ and some shotguns would be imba.

Also the vulture is from imperial armour. As its not codex does that mean its not legal?

The idea was

Captain
    Master Vox
    Medic
    Die Hards

3x Morters
    Die Hards
    3x Missile Launchers
    Die Hards
    3x Missile Launchers
    Die Hards

6xVeterans
    2xDemo Charges
    Flamer
    Shotguns

6xVeterans
    2xDemo Charges
    Flamer
    Shotguns

Luitenant (cant spell it)
    Vox
    Medic
    Die Hards

Squad 1
    Vox
    Flamer
    Die Hards

Squad 2
    Vox
    Flamer
    Die Hards

Squad 3
    Vox
    Flamer
    Die Hards

Luitenant
    Vox
    Medic
    Die Hards

Squad 4
    Vox
    Grenade Laucnher
    Die Hards

Squad 5
    Vox
    Grenade Laucnher
    Die Hards

Squad 6
    Vox
    Grenade Laucnher
    Die Hards

Vulture

Im not sure of the costs as this isnt my usual PC but its not more than 1500.

The models would be done up in a "nam" sense... the inspiration came from watching "Platoon" good film and got my thinking of doing my own 40k version.
    I came, I typo'd, I editted
    Orc / Empire / Deamon WFB (indecisive)
    Crimson Fists approaching 10 undefeated at 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

demo charges are only available in special weapon squads, and it's one per squad (so 2 per army).

the vulture isn't codex, but it is IA so as long as you have the book with the rules with them most people should be fine with allowing it, though they may have problems with the flyer rules.

it does give a good 'nam sense, so fluffy-wise it's great. game-wise... you'll probably get wiped off the board.
    infantry squads without heavy weapons is a pretty big handicap, and they won't hold up in cc as guardsmen are below average stats compared to most things that'll charge them.
    the support squads will probably get sniped first along with the demo squads since they're the only units (aside from a vulture).

basic classic guardsmen loadout; grenade and missile launchers on the infantry squads, 2 flamers or grenade launchers in the command squads. maybe look into a leman russ or two (since they worked in at least pairs to support each other)

PS. die-hards is obsolete and a waste of points. there are no more negative modifiers for outnumbering in close combat.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread