Power of the Priest - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Power of the Priest

Okay so another question...

I've always dismissed the priest... we're not a c/c army and he's a few points for a no save t3 character... but I came across him for fluff and have this question.

In his rules it says you must charge if in range and always count as moving so can't have a h/weapon... but what if i shoot a rapid fire weapon and then am in range... would that mean I can then charge.
    It clearly states "if in range" you "must" charge.... if so, it makes him a lot more effective... put him in a command squad with two plasma guns...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Sorry mate, if he is in a squad that is in charge range they'll have to charge hence cannot shoot.
    If they are out of charge-range but within rapidfire range they can still shoot though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    Sorry mate, if he is in a squad that is in charge range they'll have to charge hence cannot shoot.
    If they are out of charge-range but within rapidfire range they can still shoot though...
    Even though you shot before the assault?

Same goes with the theory.. of running and then being in assault range...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Im actually quite eager to see the results of this one. Might be a new loop hole to exploit. Ill bring it up at my local store and report back soon.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

TBH I'd go with the you know they have to charge so rapid fire cant be used in that turn, though I do see where you are coming from as RAW then yes. but it does say you arent allowed to assault if you fired rapid fire weapons explicitly in the rulebook. so options...

1. codex overides rules you can

2. rules state you can't explicitly so it counts as a failed assault or you can't fire weapons.

do remember you can only assault the unit you shot at as well so it could break so many rules. If it was me I would just not shoot rapid fire, though why you'd want rapid fire in an assaulty unit anyway, if you are that close flamers or meltas my friend.

Hope that helps

A

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

There is precedent here...

Blood Claws have a similar rule, and it was FAQ'd to say they weren't allowed to rapid fire if in assault range.

So... I'd say you can't.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

the way i look at it is intentional abuse of old rules is one of the worse things a player can do.

If you know that you MUST assault in the next phase then you should know not to shoot in the shooting phase.
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by sendaf View Post
    the way i look at it is intentional abuse of old rules is one of the worse things a player can do.
    Even if your codex is old? People intentionally abuse new rules so why not old (at the time 4th ed ass cannon spam or tri falcon lists spring to mind).
    Just one of the many many loop holes that litter the pages of the books of the 41st millennium. Still im interested to see what happens here. The reason why blood claws were FaQed was probably because their actually useful as apposed to these xxpt raving loonies.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Pheonix: Agree'd.

Sendaf: Hardly explioting... this is a character that is basically useless in its current state and from what I've seen, not used by anyone.. he is a heap of points for a t3 s3 character with no armour or real weapon and his one benefit helps in close combat... something that the guard don't do very well and this wouldn't enough.... I was purely trying to find new life in the old dog... an excuse to use him.

Sadly I don't think it will work because the WH also got an FAQ stating for their priests that their rightous fury, meant that they couldn't shoot rapid fire weapons if within charge range. Meaning you would have to measure, before shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no save t3 priest. NO SAVE... ever heard of a rosarius, it about as good as invulnerable save a skinny old mad with a suped up screw driver is going to get...
    What do you call a lasgun with a lazer scope?
    a twin linked lasgun.... HA haha haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast