scoring units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scoring units

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

scoring units

First off I apologize if this has been over-discussed. Second I want to express my frustration at trying to use the search function on this site. I have attempted to use it on many occasions and never once have I found it to be helpful. Of course, I am not very computer-savvy, so it is probably a great search engine, but my computer skills are lacking.

In kill point missions, how are dedicated transports handled? Is it a kill point by itself? Is it nothing? Do you have to kill a squad AND the transport (rhino, razorback or drop pod) to get the kill point for the unit?

Please excuse such a stupid question. I would like to know where the answer is found, so in the future I can reference because what ever the answer is...I WILL forget it...

Once a Marine, always a Marine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

the transport is 1 kill point, the squad inside is another kill point, so a tactical squad in a rhino is 2 kill points, heck you stick an Independent character in there its 3 kill points

*cue counting count*

page 91, annihilation mission victory conditions

you receive 1 kill point for each UNIT, transports and there squads as counted as separate units in the rulebook

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Thanks very much. I read that page several times and I did not feel like it was spelled out clearly enough for me. You answered my question and made a very good muppet reference, so a rep for you!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
    you receive 1 kill point for each UNIT, transports and there squads as counted as separate units in the rulebook
    I got into this discussion again at the store where I play. The rule as it is applied there is that a "dedicated transport" is essentially a squad upgrade. Looking in the rulebook on page 67 in the inset box titled "DEDICATED TRANSPORTS" it states that they can be selected "with the unit. These 'dedicated transports' do not use up a slot in the force organization chart." (I added the italics for emphasis. They do not appear in the text.)

This seems to contradict your statement that they are counted as separate units in the rulebook. Can you point out where in the rulebook this is stated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x0)

The Dedicated Transport section on pg. 67 only says they don't take up a separate FOC slot, it doesn't say they count as a single unit however. As per the "Units" section on page 3 or the "Vehicles" section on page 5, vehicles count as a single model unit. Think of it just like IG platoons, retinues, or combat squads, just because they don't take up multiple FOC slots doesn't mean they don't count as seperate kill points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

also when you use a rhino do they stay in coherency of the unit they were brought for?
    do they fire at the same thing/time?
    when you charge does the vehicle go with them?

if they were an upgrade they would do all of that, but they are separate

like deris said, think of them as an Imperial guard platoon, they only take up 1 FOC slot, but still give 4, to 7 KP's because there all separate (and the command gives 2, but whatever)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
    the transport is 1 kill point, the squad inside is another kill point, so a tactical squad in a rhino is 2 kill points, heck you stick an Independent character in there its 3 kill points

*cue counting count*

page 91, annihilation mission victory conditions

And not forgetting that if you break the squad into combat squads, each squad is now a kill point, too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Ok, so I guess this is the answer with as much specificity as GW gives us:
    1- Page 3 says basically every group is called a unit.
    2- Page 5 says vehicles are units, including dedicated transports
    3- Page 91 kill point scenario says you get a kill point for each unit destroyed.

THEREFORE a kill point is scored for each squad of space marines destroyed AND for their transport if it is destroyed.

Thanks for everyone chiming in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor! View Post
    THEREFORE a kill point is scored for each squad of space marines destroyed AND for their transport if it is destroyed.
    of course that is unless you use the tournament kill point system
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

+ Reply to Thread