5th edition FAQ: The Frequently Asked Questions about Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

5th edition FAQ: The Frequently Asked Questions about Space Marines

Loyalist Brethren,

This thread is intended to be a reference guide for all those pesky questions which get asked all the time - Frequently Asked Questions, in fact.

Please don't post questions you don't know the answer to here - use a thread for that. Try instead to update and post here with both question AND answer. This thread will of course be stickied and idle banter will probably be deleted.

Here is an example of how to post here:

Q: Karmoon's veil of hypocrisy doubles his insanity stat, but he also gets a bonus for his mighty beard. How does this work out?

A: As with all stats, you add bonuses AFTER doubling them. So on this occasion you would first double his insanity stat (for the veil of hypocrisy) and then add the bonus for the mighty beard.

Hopefully this will help new starters and old hands alike, and keep the marine forums a bit cleaner so people can get stuck into meaty discussions.... like their favourite chapter or something

Cheers,

Karmoon

LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Popular

Ok, I thought I would start with this golden nugget!

Q: Can I choose any combination of equipment allowed by the Space Marine Captain and Chapter Master entries? For example, surely you can't take more than one two handed weapon, even though the options seem to allow you to?

A: Actually you can. So if you fancy a pair of Thunderhammers you are more than welcome to indulge yourself. Of course modelling your Captain or Master in keeping with WYSIWYG may be far more dificult!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Drop Pods

Here's another popular question, much beloved by people who think their marines can dash another six-eight inches from those already amazing drop pods.

Q: When I deploy from a Drop Pod, do I measure the disembarkation area from the openable door-flaps or from the hull of the Drop Pod?

A: From the Hull of the Drop Pod itself. The opening doors are a cool model feature and don't impact on game play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mastercrafting weapons

Last edited by chuckles; March 3rd, 2009 at 06:31. Reason: wrong thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Land Raider

Q: When selecting a Land Raider as a dedicated transport for a Terminator squad, does this count as a Heavy Support choice?

A: No, it would not count towards the Heavy Support choice. You can have say 3 vindicators in your heavy slots and 2 terminator squads with LRs as dedicated transports. Note the termies would have to be a squad of assault termies and a squad of shooty ones.
    Last edited by Air85; March 16th, 2009 at 17:43. Reason: Found my answer, changing formating to indicate the answer I found :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Q. Does Shrike's Master Crafted pair of Lightning Claws get two re-rolls to hit?
    A. No, he doesnt.

Q. Can Bikes fleet when I take a character who's Chapter Tactics grant fleet to all units with the 'Combat Tactics' rule?
    A. Yes, they get the ability, but its useless, as Bikes cannot run and the 'Fleet' ability allows units to assault after running in the shooting phase

Q. Can a Librarian with the Epistolary upgrade use his two psychic powers, and then use the power of the force weapon in one turn? Eg. The Librarian uses Quickening and Might of the Ancients before charging into combat with a unit, then uses his Force Weapon to instant-kill a model ?
    A. No. The use of the Force Weapon's power counts as a psychic power and counts towards the maximum allotted number of psychic powers that can be used that turn.

Q. If I have an odd number of Drop Pods (Eg, 3), how many can I deploy on the first turn? And do Drop Pods deployed on the first turn scatter?
    A. Half of the Drop Pods (rounding up) deploy on turn 1. So if you have 3 pods, 2 deploy first turn. Drop Pods deployed on the first turn scatter as normal. Scatter can be reduced with Locator Beacons.
    Last edited by CleanRabbit; March 23rd, 2009 at 10:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i received a question from a game a while ago

Q-ig your captian only has one lighting claw do you get re-rolls?

A- unknown

im pretty sure you only get re-rolls with a pair of claws though

Lord Cupcake of Senteria Grey2321's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

Lightning Claws ALWAYS get re-rolls to wound, even if you only have one. That's why they're different from power weapons. However, in order to get +1 attacks in close combat from having 2 CC weapons with lightning claws, you need to have a pair.
    Space Marines: W15/L7/D3
    Imperial Guard: W6/L4/D0
    Daemonhunters: W4/L1/D1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx man very useful info

Thou shalt not play frisbee with a Tau Shield Drone.

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CleanRabbit View Post

Q. If I have an odd number of Drop Pods (Eg, 3), how many can I deploy on the first turn? And do Drop Pods deployed on the first turn scatter?
    A. Half of the Drop Pods (rounding up) deploy on turn 1. So if you have 3 pods, 2 deploy first turn. Drop Pods deployed on the first turn scatter as normal. Scatter can be reduced with homing beacons.
    Locator beacons that should read.....before someone thinks teleport homers work. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast