Sicarius... ok? or not? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sicarius... ok? or not?

Hey guys, I've always been a fan of the all infiltrating power armoured space marine company. Now, it doesn't seem to be possible.

However, there are two special characters that allows one unit other than scouts under their command. We all know about Shrike, but I'm actually partial to the Ultramarines, which leaves us with Sicarius.

I just wanna ask you guys your take on this character. He seems pretty good, whatcha think?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Be cool,
    Kipoyph
    "of all the things I've lost,
    it's my mind I miss the most"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Sicarius is a solid all-rounder while Shrike lends himself to a particular theme of army. Rites of Battle, Battle Hardened Heroes, FNP, and his super sword make him good at just about anything.

If I'm running Sicarius it will be with properly equipped Tacticals to take advantage of his abilities. Sicarius+Drop Pod Tacs with counter assault, an infiltrating Rhino squad, Tank Hunters with lascannons and meltaguns (tank hunting krak grenades too!), and the like.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    (tank hunting krak grenades too!)

You know, its moments like this that highlight how little i actually know about the subtle rules of 40K.
    I'd have never thought of tank hunting kraks. Thanks for bringing that up!
    +rep!

CR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Sicarius is a solid all-rounder while Shrike lends himself to a particular theme of army. Rites of Battle, Battle Hardened Heroes, FNP, and his super sword make him good at just about anything.

If I'm running Sicarius it will be with properly equipped Tacticals to take advantage of his abilities. Sicarius+Drop Pod Tacs with counter assault, an infiltrating Rhino squad, Tank Hunters with lascannons and meltaguns (tank hunting krak grenades too!), and the like.
    You realize that only ONE squad in your army gains a special ability from Sicarius, yes? Its not one with counter-attack, one with infiltrate, and one with tank hunters. Its one squad TOTAL, with one of those abilities.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Right, you set them up so you can pick which ability fits best in the given scenario. If you're up against Land Raiders, Tank Hunters goes up, Tau you'd run infiltrators, Chaos or Orks you take counter attack. In a Sicarius force you have to bring a generalist force that can be specialized by his Vet Skill based on the mission and opponent.

Apologies for the confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, well my thought is that Sicarius is the worst space marine special character. Apart from his instant death sword attack, the re-roll to seize the initiative is not so great as people think.

He has an artificer armor - thats great but no invulnerable save? One powerfist and he is toast.

Almost all space marine special characters have their own special rules that apply to the entire army, while Sicarius grants the Battle forged heroes to a single squad.

And for his points cost you can get much better characters with better special rules (Shrike, He'stan or even Pedro for example)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..., an infiltrating Rhino squad, ...

I'm not critisizing or contradicting your post or anything. In fact, thanks for the response but... Can you infiltrate a tactical squad with a Rhino? Would they allow that?

Or did you mean you can use the infiltrate rule to outflank? That's it, right? I just wanna make sure what the rules allow, since it doesn't state in the codex that you can't infiltrate a vehicle and so it does seem that you can indeed infiltrate a rhino. (I don't have my codex with me right now, sorry)

My question is, if you have a tac squad with a rhino, can you either infiltrate or outflank? or just outflank.

Thanks for the response.
    Be cool,
    Kipoyph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hmmm, well my thought is that Sicarius is the worst space marine special character. Apart from his instant death sword attack, the re-roll to seize the initiative is not so great as people think.

He has an artificer armor - thats great but no invulnerable save? One powerfist and he is toast.

Almost all space marine special characters have their own special rules that apply to the entire army, while Sicarius grants the Battle forged heroes to a single squad.

And for his points cost you can get much better characters with better special rules (Shrike, He'stan or even Pedro for example)
    Sicarius has an Iron Halo and FNP, he's plenty survivable. Sicarius also offers Rites of Battle (remember that gem?), re-rolling Seize the Initiative, and boosts one of your Tactical Squads with the most useful skill for the mission. He's a great all-rounder and works best in an army designed to complement his abilities (like all SCs). He isn't as sexy as a Vulkan or Kantor, but he brings a lot to the table. I'd recommend re-reading his entry before overlooking him.

Quote Originally Posted by kipoyph View Post
    I'm not critisizing or contradicting your post or anything. In fact, thanks for the response but... Can you infiltrate a tactical squad with a Rhino? Would they allow that?

Or did you mean you can use the infiltrate rule to outflank? That's it, right? I just wanna make sure what the rules allow, since it doesn't state in the codex that you can't infiltrate a vehicle and so it does seem that you can indeed infiltrate a rhino. (I don't have my codex with me right now, sorry)

My question is, if you have a tac squad with a rhino, can you either infiltrate or outflank? or just outflank.

Thanks for the response.
    A unit with infiltrate passes the rule on to its dedicated transport, so yes you could infiltrate a Rhino as normal. Outflanking is also an option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A unit with infiltrate passes the rule on to its dedicated transport, so yes you could infiltrate a Rhino as normal. Outflanking is also an option.
    Oh, wow... So I can Combat Squad a Tac Squad, 1 with a LC or MM, the other with a Razorback transport with TLLC, infiltrate them in different places hunting for the enemy's tanks? Sweet.
    Be cool,
    Kipoyph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kipoyph View Post
    Oh, wow... So I can Combat Squad a Tac Squad, 1 with a LC or MM, the other with a Razorback transport with TLLC, infiltrate them in different places hunting for the enemy's tanks? Sweet.
    Oops, it appears I made a boo boo. A unit with Scouts gives their transport scouts, but a unit that is deployed inside a vehicle cannot infiltrate. So you can infiltrate the combat squads, but not their transport.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast