A Little Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: A Little Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ive been playing wid my space marines with some friends for a while.. i can win sumtimes but it gets hard.. one is using Tau while the other is usin necrons.. Anyone have any good anti- tau/necron tactics or comments on what i should get to help me defeat them -_-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What chapter of Marines are you collecting? This will have alot of bearing as to what tactics will be avaliable to you.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Tau player, insist on only playing nightfighting and then make your army based on the usual boltpistol and closecombat weapon, mount them in Rhinos, and he should have a slight problem...

For the necron player, make sure you have a lot of str. 8 or higher weapons just to make sure that the pesky warriors don't get up again.
    Then shoot all the destroyers.
    Try luring the warriors into a fire pit... that is get them to a spot where thay can be shot at from all directions...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the tau dont do the "Ill only play this scenario" thats just bit'chin. It is true that the chapter you are playing will affect the game aswell as the fact that how is the tau player playing tau. Is he using the tau speed or the broadsides. We need to know the sides before we can call the playes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play the ultramarines chapter and my friends tau is mostly speed. :unsure:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

You could use this to your advantage as Tau are exellent at shooting but not so good in CC... If you can lure him into CC or get your troops as close as you can you shoud have no problemo... Maybe you could get hold of a bike squadron or a 10-man assault squad. In my experience Termies are also good against Tau.

As for the Necrons I agree that you need to use a lot of firepower and powerful weapons to keep those suckas down once they're hit...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I play against Tau I usually stay with heavy firepower in cover, let the obliterators ,or termies for that sake, stomp to the target together with dreadnoughts.
    In addition I always have one rhino capable of flanking the tau forces.

Stay out of sight of the battlesuits, if you see any stealth suits, shoot them with all possible weapons, every one of them guys has got a burst cannon, almost like a heavy bolter... and they move with it and fire.

Assault the firewarriors, they're not much in CC.
    And for gods sake take out the pathfinders, you'll find out when they start marking you with markerlights...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Closed Thread