1000pts Guard/SoB advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Goldcoast QLD Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

1000pts Guard/SoB advice

My question is this. I originally thought the reason people put commissars with conscript units was for when the squad failed a leadership test he would just execute a member and the unit would auto pass. Then I realized that only officers could be executed which conscripts couldn't take.Which means that the only benefit of having a commissar is a leadership 5 unit goes up to leadership 10 which is still nothing to laugh at.

But after reading the witch hunters book I found I would much rather take a palatine wearing power armor which although only giving LD9. Still means that I spend 35points rather than 50points on a model who confers a benefit similar to a commissar and yet is harder to kill and cheaper in points cost. From what I've read there is no reason why a palatine can't join a imperial guard unit to have them benefit from her leadership. Is this legal? My other questions is are griffin heavy mortar tanks legal in tournaments? If not are they generally allowed in friendly games more so than say, someone wanting to get away with using a baneblade?

This plus a small Serephim squad who benefits from 2 faith points. And can repel light assaults should make for a slightly less vanilla imperial guard force IMO

Would love to hear your thoughts on this list and if you think the palatine is a good replacement for a commissar in a conscript unit.

Doctrines: Close order drill, Drop troops, Conscript Platoons

Command Squad w/ Junior officer + bolt pistol (41pts)

Palatine w/ bolt pistol + CCW (37pts) -Joins the conscript unit-

Hardened Veterans (116)
    8 Models (w/ Missile Launcher + 3 Plasma guns)

Conscript Platoon (227pts)
    Five Squads
    Three flamers

Infantry Platoon (200pts)
    Squad 1 w/ missile launcher
    Squad 2 w/ missile launcher
    HQ: Junior officer Squad w/ Melta gun

Serephim (159pts)
    5 Models (w/ 2x twin hand flamers + veteran superior + eviscerator)

Leman Russ Battle Tank (145pts)
    Hull heavy bolter

Griffin Heavy Mortar Tank (75)

Total Pts
    : 1000pts exactly

Last edited by eckyl; December 1st, 2008 at 02:03.
    "It's important to remember at all times that anyone who's done more than you has no life... Also, anyone who's done less than you is a noob."

+ Reply to Thread