Command Squad spec weapons overload - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Command Squad spec weapons overload

Howsabout this?

A Command Squad armed with 4 Plasma guns drops or transports near enemy formations, gets into cover and unleashes rapidfire plasma shots. The apothecary is there in case things "Get Hot".

or

A Command Squad armed with 4 Meltas and 4 Storm Shields (and Power Weapons?) unleashing hell through CC.

Thoughts?

Be cool,
    Kipoyph
    "of all the things I've lost,
    it's my mind I miss the most"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Too expensive, and too much of a one-trick pony, in my opinion. Especially the second option. I'd prefer to sink my points into other units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

I feel the same as LN. Thats a lot of points and they die just as quick as normal marines. Command squads are usually a heavy hitting unit designed to keep the captain alive longer and add a few hits in too. Packing 4plasma guns, you might as well take a dev squad with 4plas cannons and mean business mate, i think the cost will be about the same and you'll have blasts instead of shots - makes a real difference.

And as for your second idea, yes it would hit quite hard, but they would still get cut down when your opponent unleashes everything on them. Sheer number of hits that wound will slowly negate both the Apothecary and invuln save, even if it takes two turns...

Someone once told me increasing the number of guns firing is often better than increasing the quality of weapon being fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be fun, but I'd save it for the apocaplyse games when a squad isn't gonna cost you too much and when the sooner or later 8 gets hot rolls happen. I've seen 4 happen in the same roll- 8 is a possibility. For that amount you could nearly get a 5 man asault termniators squad with the storm shields, if they are what you are after, or do as CleanRabbit has suggested.

Command squads are just too expensive, esp when well kitted out, for smaller games.
    SM: W/D/L 12/7/4 CSM: W/D/L 14/0/1
    Guard: W/D/L 10/2/3 Orks: W/D/L 5/0/1
    Nurlge Daemons W/D/L 4/1/0

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

The best option is to limit kitting them out.
    ccw+bolt pistol, apothecary, maybe a power fist
    cheap, feel no pain (apothecary) and combat worthy.

+ Reply to Thread