Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm going to play in a tournament on Tuesday, and I need some help. This is my list:
10 Sternguard Veterans
+ x2 Heavy Flamers
+ Drop Pod
+ 2 Combi-Melta
10 Tactical Marines
10 Tactical Marines
My questions are:
1. Is Pedro Kantor the HQ I should use, or go for the cheaper, more durable Cassius? My tactic is: Drop the Sternguards Round 1, split them into Combat Squads and flame as many infantry units you can. Destroy tanks with Razorback and Tactical Lascannons. If I succeed, he won't have much left to hit me back with.
2. Is the Vindicator worth using? Does it have a blast even if it isn't Barragefiring?
3. Is it worth having 2 complete squads of marines in Razorbacks or would it be better to use Devastators with Lascannons?
Pedro Kantor- yay.
1. I used Pedro Kantor for the first time yesterday, and he owned everyone he came up against- which included a Chaos Lord, 3 chaos terminators, and a plague marine squad. So, yes he is awesome. Whats more is he'll give all your Sternguard 3 attacks basic while he's within 12" of them. I do like Cassius, but it is a judgement call really. Cassius would complement your sternguard with his hellfire shots, but I'd personally go for Pedro to get that extra scoring unit, and all his other awesome rules. Don't forget about the orbital bombadment- could come in handy.
2.. Yes Vindicator always has a large blast marker, and it is a worth while investment- but has fairly limited range.
3. Devestators with Lascannons would be a lot more expensive, and its probably not a good idea to be footslogging across the board. I personally like razorbacks, and only field devestators when I have a large points limit. Also, remember you can only have 6 marines in the Razorbacks- so you'd have to combat squad them (this way you'd have 4 lascannons anyhow- 2 marine combat squads stay at the back and fire lascannoncs, while razorbacks advance firing their twin linked doom!).
I think your list is pretty sound, my only concern is that if you play kill points, then you'll have to change your tactic completely as combat squading would be really dangerous- but then your men would be more vulnerable- maybe footslog across the board behind the tanks. Whatever you decide, good luck.
SM: W/D/L 12/7/4 CSM: W/D/L 14/0/1
Guard: W/D/L 10/2/3 Orks: W/D/L 5/0/1
Nurlge Daemons W/D/L 4/1/0
If I should use the Vindicator, what should I remove?
I do not think that you want to cut on Sternguards, so TAC squad is where I would look. Problem is that you need 10 of them to get special weapons...
Yes, I know... and I can't really remove Tacticals either, as I must have 2 Troops.