CAmo in 5th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Camo cloaks worth the points or best spent elsewhere?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome... so worth the points

31 62.00%
  • Points better spent on more troopers

8 16.00%
  • Points better spent elsewhere...

11 22.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAmo in 5th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

CAmo in 5th

So after reading all these tanith books I couldn't help but get caught up in it all and start playing some Tanith styled armies...

So I've been playing with everyone having camo cloaks and its worked hugely.. 3+ cover saves is the norm with the possibility of 2+, thats awesome.. sure once your in hand to hand your dead either way but 3+ cover makes your survivability so much more for most or all of the game...

How have you guys found it? Awesome or rather spend the money on more troops...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    So after reading all these tanith books I couldn't help but get caught up in it all and start playing some Tanith styled armies...

So I've been playing with everyone having camo cloaks and its worked hugely.. 3+ cover saves is the norm with the possibility of 2+, thats awesome.. sure once your in hand to hand your dead either way but 3+ cover makes your survivability so much more for most or all of the game...

How have you guys found it? Awesome or rather spend the money on more troops...
    However, it's a special type of pig to model on your armies, and i can't see it being in the new codex. highly, highly unlikely IHMO.

(I used lots of tallerns)

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

more troopers are more inportant to me because my army is kinda like a rush army, my main force charges from the front with lots of vehicles, while 2 platoons deepstrike behind my opponent(around 90 men) catching him in a nasty crossfire. there are only 2 squads that remain stationary in my whole army, 2 squads with autocannons and plasma guns, and sometimes a anti tank squad with lascannons(i only field 3 plasma guns in my army, I want to have a fluffy army.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by stayscrunchyinmilk View Post
    However, it's a special type of pig to model on your armies, and i can't see it being in the new codex. highly, highly unlikely IHMO.

(I used lots of tallerns)
    I agree, I don't see it in the new book either, otherwise I'd have done it on my newish guard army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

i use camo cloaks... i dont have many troops and i use grenadiers, so i used extra points and yeah i like how it beefs em up a little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I should also point out that I've been using it with a static shooty heavy infantry army...

I don't know if it will be in the new codex...mind you if its rumours are anything to go by it could be Guants trait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Is the camo doctrine really so resrictive as to make you model it on all of your guardsmen? I know they all have to use it but I thought I remembered reading that cameoline can be sown into a jacket or armor of what not. If you want to play cameoline I don't think the threat of greenstuffing 200 cloaks should prevent you. Just give them camo paint scheme or something, a new codex won't change the color of your minis.

Now back on topic, currently I'm undecided on the cloaks. I play vehicle heavy guard and as a result only use about 60 guardsmen in 2000 points (I have PAGK to help me take objectives). Given the low amount of guardsmen, I think that cameoline might help my overall survivability more than the 80 points of guard would have.

I think there is a general sweet spot for cameoline on guard. If you have too few guardsmen, they will take so much fire that the increased cover save won't help but if you have too many guardsmen the cost of equiping them all with cameoline won't be as useful as getting more guardsmen.

That's my five cents... fricking weak dollar.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

I'm busy repainting my camo cloaked guard. At least its one of those things that doesnt have to represent anything if we lose the rule (unlike warrior weapons!). I had great times with cover saves in 4th I used them with the light infantry doctrine and autocannons (and yes snipers). Could really surround enemies that way. infiltrating into cover was amazing.

As for fifth I only see it being better as you can go to ground and get a stupidly good save similar to hiding them in a decent fortification, take that eldar some of your own medicine.

As for them getting close try out soem vets as support with only special wepaons (or event he commands) that way you can scoot the rest off somewhere or leave the enemy isolated for being shot!

Hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

It is not a horrible doctrine, and I would take it over Carapace any day. But saying that, I stopped paying for it long ago. 4+ cover saves is good enough for me, I do not loose most of my men from shooting, it's the melee that really causes carnage. For surviving melee, you need lots of units (one dies, rest rapid fire).

As for the whole WYSIWYG. I feel that there should be some representation on the model, either cloaks or at least a camo paint scheme (or hell, even all gray and call it urban camo).

But even then, I wouldn't not play against someone who had blaze orange guardsmen with "camo". I let my last opponent use a Commissar Yarrik figure at Pedro Kantor I am pretty casual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with better cover saves in 5th i find that using camo cloaks are to expensive for what they do now, i prefer to go for the flamer/bolter protection using carapace and then getting a cover save (minus the flamer but i atleast get a 4+ save anyways). Over all getting carapace doesn't affect me as much in troop numbers, i still field a large amount but take less casualties rather than fielding more taking a hell of a lot more casualties. Over all I find carapace to be more worth it over camo.
    Darks Elves 6000ptsWood Elves 500pts (WIP)
    Imperial Guard 5000pts
    http://mr-godz.mybrute.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast