heavy weapons with jumppack and bikes Q - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heavy weapons with jumppack and bikes Q

Hi all,

I started a blood angels army and i wonna put some extra mobile anti tank elements in my armylist. So i was thinking about swithching my scout squad for two attack bikes with multimelta. Now my question.

I know that troops with jumppacks,jetpacks etc can make a 12" move and still fire a heavy weapon. Because i dont own the 5th ED rulebook i cant check that troops with bikes also can make a 12" move and fire a heavy weapon.
    If they can it will be a nice anti tank add-on

Grtz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x3)

i believe you are mistaken, troops with jumppacks, jetpacks cannot move and fire heavy weapons ( unless they are relentless, slow and purposeful etc) If you are talking about regular marines they cannot move and fire any weapon that has 'Heavy' in it's profile either.
    Now in 5th edition bikes have the relentless rule that allows them to move, fire heavy weapons and charge in the same turn. So attack bikes do make good anti-tank units though the can be insta-killed, a land-raider or a multi-melta totting land speeder squadron might be a better option.

Add me! Let me know your forum name too! =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sknight is right about the jumppacks, pretty sure you can't move and shot heavy weapons in 5th Ed.
    As for bikes vs speeders, I prefer bikes. Firstly, they're slightly cheaper in points. Next if you turbo-boost 18-24" you get a 3+ cover save (and next turn you'll most likely be in melta range). And if a weapon is insta-killing a bike, more likely than not it's penetrating a speeder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

he's almost right on the IK/Pen thing. to IK a marine on a bike you need a STR 8 (melta) then you need to roll a 2 (str 8 vs T5) that kills him. on a speeder with armor 10, your only getting a glance on a roll of 2. but still very likely to pen it.
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jump packs (Assault Marines etc) do not confer the relentless rule to the model as the 5th Ed Codex says shooting for them is followed as normal for standard infantry. However the codex says Jet packs (ex. Tau battlesuits) do confer the relentless rule. So unfortunately no flying heavy weapons for Space Marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I can think of a model in codex SM or the BA 'dex that can take both a heavy weapon and a jump pack.
    "Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men." - Jean Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok what is now the rule with a attack bike with multi melta.

Move 12" and shoot ? or no shoot ?
    I know it can turbo boost without fire his gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

On a bike, you are allowed to move 12'' and shoot. All bikes now have the Relentless special rule, so they always count as being stationary for the purposes of firing weapons, and may assault afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread