Which way to go. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which way to go.

So I'm back playing this game and sinking my money into 40k after a 12 year hiatus....Long story short I have the blackreach box set, SM half and 3 SoB squads, 1 Seraphim's Squad, and 1 inquisitor and some random retenue..

Since im no longer as financialy free as I was back in the day (wife kids etc) I want to make sure I go the "correct" way. Or at least the most advantaguous way I can for the enemie's I'll face 90% of the time (nids)

I really love the Witch Hunters look, and their fluff. I just feel they are lacking some of the armored punch of the guard and SM.

If I was going to have an allied force for 1500 point games is the best choince against Nids and SM would it be to ally with guard for some Russ's or with SM for some Termies and such?

Or am I better off sinking some money into exorsits and staying purely Wich Hunter?

For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exorcists are awesome, I have 2 on order right now to fill in my HS slots. I like the idea of the full on SoB army myself, though it can be somewhat pricey. Ebay and Craigslist can be your friends if you are patient and pick you price to pay and stick with it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

I think I see 2 main problems with taking allies.
    !) New Sisters of Battle Codex. Looking to come around 2010 time (If we are lucky), this codex may dissallow allies (Thats the rumour, though obviously nothings written in stone).
    2) If you ally SM, you cannot take Sisters of Battle, in which case your better off with a SM base army, with sisters allies.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

You can take Daemon Hunters as allies. Deep striking and stormbolters all around. They tend to be a bit on the expensive side both pointwise and monitarily, but their skills, stats, and weapons seem to reflect the high price and I think they can helpt out with the poor cc that the witch hunters have in spades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riptor View Post
    I think I see 2 main problems with taking allies.
    !) New Sisters of Battle Codex. Looking to come around 2010 time (If we are lucky), this codex may dissallow allies (Thats the rumour, though obviously nothings written in stone).
    2) If you ally SM, you cannot take Sisters of Battle, in which case your better off with a SM base army, with sisters allies.

Ya I have been playing SM base with sister allies because the only armor i currently own is a whirlwind...

I managed to grab my current flock of sisters off craigslist but the exorcists look like they will have to be purchased at full price...

Basically im gonna have at least 2-3 hundred US to blow on my little hobby because of a fantasy football payout (which the wife will never see or know about) So with the new guard codex coming out I didnt know if it was worth buying a guard battleforce or a armored fist or just invest it all in Witch Hunter stuff..

Is the new Codex "written in stone" or is it just rumors?
    For Michigan Apoc news and meetups.. www.mi40k.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

All the talk about the witch hunters book is just rumors and speculation at this point.

An all sisters force looks great on the table and is quite powerful in the new rules. Rhinos are much more durable to get those sisters into rapid fire, flamer, and melta range. Once they get there you will wreck people. Exorcists are great long range support and I wouldn't leave home without at least 1. With all your troops in rhinos and a couple exorcists running around there will be plenty of armored units on the table. I consider sisters in a rhino to be the best overall troop choice in the game. If you equip them with two flame tenplates (flamer and heavy flamer) you can take on gaunts, terminators and everything in between by adding in faith powers. Two meltas will hurt just about any tank or monsterous creature(add exorcist to taste). Plus they are fairly cheap for a BS4 bolter with a 3+ armor save.

The only downside is the price, as it costs around $300-$400 per 1000 points
    Last edited by frozencore; December 18th, 2008 at 03:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R3con View Post
    (which the wife will never see or know about)
    Thats just cold.

+ Reply to Thread