Attack Bikes Or Landspeeders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is better?

BattleFleet Gothic:
    Valhallan 23rd Imperial Navy: ~2500 pts
    Blood Lord SM Fleet: ~1000 pts

Warhammer 40,000:
    Valhallan 23rd Imperialist Guard: ~6,000 pts
    BT SM: ~2000 pts
    DA SM: ~1000 pts
    BA SM: ~1500 pts
    Tau: ~250

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Right now landspeeders are better by a longshot, however, when 4th edition comes out then attack bikes will probably be just as good if not better because they can move 24" in one turn and have two weapons choices instead of one and an awesome save vs. a crappy armor value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when you do move 24, you cant shoot or assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Landspeeders are better at shooting I suppose.. But bikes you can harass with well if you use them right

Remember an attack bike could shoot at one target and then charge another, vs non-CC units that have str3 a bike is very annoying to kill. You may not kill much with the bike but you keep them occupied and you cant get shot at

6 str 3 guys with 1 attack only have a 7% chance to kill .. so thats pretty good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Landspeeder can move fast over difficult terrain and can become a serous problem for tanks. Though its armor is that of a tin can, it's well worth its point. their great tank hunters, and if you get two or three of a single Land speeder, with a multi-melta, you're likely to have one or two of them live if they get shot at.

Attack bikes are much slower than your advrage Land speeder and can be bogged down by difficult terrain. they have a save of +2, but it won't do much good against anyone whos packing a few 36"+ AP2 weapons. They are also vary expencive.
    If Wolves were meant to fly, wouldn’t the Emperor have given them wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

They're both the exact same points cost.. Neither is more or less expensive than the other

Land speeder is a better tank hunter tho thats for sure.. Bikes like i said can tie up weak CC units which can save you from getting shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know that now, but for some reason I had it in my head that the Landspeeder was cheaper. but when you consider the facts the Landspeeders is worth its points. You can move in 12" and shot at 12" or 36" if you like the Heavy bolters.
    If Wolves were meant to fly, wouldn’t the Emperor have given them wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Actually you can move 12" and shoot 24 with a multimelta, the double penetration is at 12".

If you look at FOURTH edition, though, there's not too much difference between the two. They have the same movement, the same main armament and the same points cost. The difference is in their defenses.

2+ armor save is much better than 10 armor value, even if they can only glance. As long as I keep making 2+ saves, then I don't have to worry about not being able to shoot for a turn, or drifting and the bikes high TO means I don't have to worry about taking too many wounds from basic weapons.

Lastly, the attack bike can make assaults too. If you need to tie up your enemy so that they can't make it into a quarter or something like that, then they are great vehicles.

After fourth comes out, I will be using attack bikes instead of Land Speeders from then on.

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personaly i like 3 landspeeders for my anti tank, i find they can be quite anoying for the enimy. I like to use three and put them together then when they start getting shot at inform the enimy that they are three seperate FA choices. :lol:
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on what you want the unit to do, to see which one is best. The speeders are great for getting into the enemies back field, quick, with heavy firepower and hammering key units or just to cause a mess. They are great for securing key terrain and parts of the tabel, and have heavy weapons that will make tanks worry.

They have light armor and if they get imobilized they are gonners. But a speeder is a good trade against a tank, monolith etc.

Bikes are good to use as a screen line, to push foward and cover the advance of slower infantry, or to be used as a raiding force. Bikes can get in and out and tie enemy units up, allowing your slower units to advance. Bikes are good to tie up cc units but its kind of a waste to tie up their mobility like that. It works, but so does moving around and shooting that cc squad. As mentioned above, you bring some heavy weapons with ap 2 and they are gonners but in that case what units arent.

Both are good units with mobilty and firepower. Speeders can move faster and have heavier weapons.

which one is better? just depends on what you are using them for.

got any examples of what you want to use em for?

LH19

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast