What slot on our force org. could use another unit? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What part of our force org. could use something new?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • None- you would rather keep the units you have.

0 0%
  • Fast attack- we lack any real "fast" vehicles....

18 33.33%
  • Troops- it's a priority unit, so why not have a good one?

2 3.70%
  • Heavy- space marines have 6 heavy support choices, why don't we?

5 9.26%
  • Elites- what we call elite, other races call regular.

9 16.67%
  • HQ-we're allowed 2 HQ's but we only have 1.......

13 24.07%
  • Transport- we need a new transport, the chimera costs way to much!

7 12.96%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

What slot on our force org. could use another unit?

Rather bored so I want everyone's opinion on what you think we could use as far as our force org goes.

Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah transport costs are pretty high, 35pts for a SM Rhino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wooh, to bad I cant vote more than once

HQ : The one we have is good, great even. THE place to pack in alot of HW support. But we could do with another choice to go with the command hq, just because there is a slot in the FOC that we just never get to use with our current codex (barring apoc games)

ELITE : I voted for elites, because, I have yet to use ANY of the elite choices, they simply cost to much for what they do. (exept, MAYBE the ratlings, which I have yet to try sadly)

TROOP : Hey we have 3 troop selections, I rarely leave home without 2X5 squads of grunts. Never used conscripts or armoured fists though.

FAST ATTACK : Well, we have the hellhound, and the sentinel and the rough riders. I have yet to use the rough riders (currently converting some old fantasy knights), and yes I agree, we should have something that is actually FAST, the closest we have to fast is the riders on the charge..

HEAVY SUPPORT : Well, we may not have six of them, but the four we do have are usually quite good at what they do. Granted I never run sponsons on my tanks after 5th came out, but then again, I cant remember the last time I fired a sponson anyways

Then again, guard elites and so on, are not supposed to be the uber bad ass units that the other armies get, are they?
    Are we not great because we are many?
    Do we not conquer all?
    With just the press of human bodies and the armoured walls of our tanks?
    Do we really need a rock hard elite squad of death?

I say NO
    leave that for the marines and eldar (and others). But I do wish we had some more viable choices in some sections

All of the above does NOT factor in fluff (if that is a factor then anything goes, mad priest led armies of assaulty death, all mechanized armies, and so on).

So to be honest, I cant WAIT for the new codex, ever since I spotted the rumours I have been walking in circles around my IG wondering what will happen to them .

Also, I am aware that I am ranting. Its late here, (well, late ish).

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that we lack anything that deserves being tagged as Fast Attack but the only thing I can think of though is bringing the salamander in as some sort of fast flanking unit. But that would encroach too much on the sentinel's role so I doubt it would happen. Maybe something can be done with the hell hound to make it quicker.

CKO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Hq, the advisors are useless, and we want to use commissars but its not worth the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

there's many things but the pressing lust-desire i have is a heavy walker tank... because that'd just be plain awesome... so i'll probably just end up converting a leman russ anyways.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need more transports, when they finally recost the Chimera it will be worth it, but we still lack variety, hopefully those plastic Valkyries will mix it up a bit.

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I personally wish the guard had something similar to the 2 1/2 ton truck, really cheap, but lacks any defense that the chimera has, and is open topped or something to make it even weaker.

we need another HQ choice, and I dont want it to be some inqusitor thing, because that ruins fluff, so I wouldn't use it anyway.

elites, make them cheaper or better, or make me really happy and do both XD but really, is there even any reason to take ogryns? is there any reason to take stormtroopers over hardened veterans? is it worth it to even take ratlings? mortars do better. And that stupid techpriest is the most useless unit in the guard codex!!! no one ever uses it so why is it still there??!!

And for heavy support I want the old guard tanks back, vanquisher with a 0-1 limit, exterminator, griffon, etc.

I wish we could take the salamander so much, it would make such a good light tank killer.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

HQ: After the Command HQ, our HQ is rather bare. Yes there is always special characters but they generally are not worth the points

Elite: Vets are awesome, our best elite choice by far. Ratlings are a respectable choice (but require a doctrine ), and Stormies sadly are rather poor. They cost far too much for what they do.

Fast: Sentinels are extremely overpriced, but Hellhounds rock. Rough Riders are ok But again, take a doctrine

Troops: The Infantry Platoon = IG. But hopefully they allow us the ability to attach units to the infantry platoons (tanks, support squads, ect). I don't want another troop, I want our Infantry Platoons to be better. Grenadiers are a joke.

Heavy: Can not complain about what we have, but again would like more Russ variants and perhaps the Griffon returned (or another tank completely).

Transport. The Chimera will be dropped to 55 points, this will really make it a viable transport for IG.

However, I voted Elite. But if they just fixed Stormies to be actually "elite" then that would be awesome.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Transport. If the chimera is reduced to 55 (as hinted strongly by IA2 FAQ) that's be good, and the valkrie may help to sort things out.

IG have the most choices of all armies, as they can take DH or WH allies. what on earth can we complain about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast