Deamon Hs Or Witch Hs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot start a poll yet so please reply with your thoughts , We all know that deamon hunters and witch hunters are both great looking ( and strong ) armys to collect , but what we all wont to know is wich of the two are better ? in strength and in looks , its time to set the record streight , only YOU can make a difference.

( I think the deamon hunters are by far the best looking army in 40K )

AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut !

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, daemonhunters is probably the "stronger" army, it is not the most point efficient and i think the witch hunters look a bit more intimidating, i mean, come on, a girl strapped to a bigass machine..... :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When one asks for the &#39;coolest&#39; army thei&#39;re asking for the most popular one and that is almost for sure DH for a number of reasons.

In my opinion DH was the first army to come out with High quality models all over the army. Every army has great looking models, especially on HQ slots but GH models are some of the best looking, even on Troops and so forth.

Another thing is that coming out before WH (or even XH) 1 army only players would always gor it because of the reason posted above. Most of these players will probably never buy another army and specially not just after a year.

WH is based on the old Sisters of Battle and because of this will be seen by most players as a either girly army or a very difficult army to play with and by that, an army to veteran players.

Also the complete inhexistence of plastic sisters (barr vehicle mounted ones) will also make them a hard choice, both money wise and conversion.....

In my humble opinion GK can look very nice on the tabletop with not much effort and the models are some of ther best i&#39;ve seen but WH is definatly one of the most characterful armies (if not the most) for it&#39;s very different look and style of play..... although i like both armies my heart will always feel &#39;warmer&#39; for those girls in power armour....
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Senior Member Brother-Captain Fenix's Avatar
    in my mind.........................................
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want looks it depends on the painter beacause to tell you the truth the easy painting scheme that daemonhunters follow looks GREAT&#33; just that will by far take alotta sisters armies hands down in painting.........but i&#39;ve seen some really incredible painting jobs on some sisters armies.... so my oppinnion is devided but in the end it comes down to who has the most ecxpierience painting...... if you mean by whos got the coolest figs...we win hands down

and for strategy to tell you the truth this is said too much and should always be remembered: ALL ARMIES CAN KILL ANOTHER ARMY&#33; (no matter what...there is no invincible army) so basically having said that sisters can kill us and we can kill them....easy.

but points i gotta make about both.... :
    sisters:
    point efficient (really point efficient almost to the point of scouts)

all have power armour.... (really nice save and less weaponry that is anti-marine so basically you win in this category)

all have good BS for being non marine....

very able to adapt to changing battle conditions

have many diffrent units

has really good fast attack..(seraphim?)

and does have decent long range anti armour..(exorcists&#33;the new rules make them almost unstoppable at that kind of power)

Daemonhunters:

has a whole page of neat rules&#33;

can deepstrike anywhere

NFW&#39;s&#33; all strength is really high in close combat....

not very point efficient but make up for it with really powerfull individuals

the grand master&#33; the CC monster of our army....

inquisitors...being our cheap H.Q. have allota benifits to us (not like in SoB where they seem to be horribly hated and such)

not bad psyker powers.... i guess this makes us kinda of a psyker army

has a weaker orbital strike that can annoy people (instead of a psyk-out warhead that seems utterly useless...)

great looking army you can be proud whenever you take them out of your case and place them in nice neat little squads

plus we are very adaptable

now for weaknesses....

sisters of battle:

besides having the option of storm bolters on allota dudes they dont ever seem to get that many shots off at me.......

can be outmassed and seem to get slaughtered by CC armies like tyranids and orks.... especially by monstrous creatures....

not having decent armour on any vehicles.... las-cannons have a field day

holy rage can be bad against giant(orks,nids,dark eldar) or just plain scary(us,khorne,blood angels) CC armies.....

being weak to anti marine fire...even though there is gonna be alot less shots that are anti marine in all armies.... if they focus enuff on good squads like seraphim thats really bad......

daemonhunters:

can&#39;t outmass ever.... being a great point sinking army we can never outmass....

being out-shot (even though psycannons have a field day on most armies )

having really expensive tanks... so no tanks allota the time for us.....

being horrible weak to anti marine fire.... since we dont have numbers all losses in our srmy hurt alot.......

daemonic infestation... being on an allied team against a big chaos player really sucks

and being affected by poor quality play.... (scenario things like storms and such)

and thats basically it the point i can make out from both armies
    hope it helps clarify what i mean that all armies can kill another one

and there ya go
    When cities burn and armies turn
    and flee in disarray,

Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day,

But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,

It is better to have fought and lost than not have
    fought at all.

Fenix's Titles!

the keeper of the stuff!
    the knower of werty!
    the master of the obvious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sisters are more like normal Space Marines to me then the GKs a normal Gk gets tons of special rules and like NFW and others.

The GK&#39;s hunt for the daemon is more intriugin to me than a hunt for a psyker of heretic,

I think that the Gks also look better(considering you can paint) because we have HUGE SWORDS

A normal gk is better than one normal terminator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Seriously, this is a retarded question. Same as if you&#39;d asked "Which army is better?" or "Which army should I play?". Each one excels at a totally different task (Daemon or Psyker hunting), and each one plays totally different. As to which is "better", there is no answer to that.

The only way someone could say that DH is better than WH is if you were going to fight a Daemon-heavy army (or vice versa with a psyker army).

Closed Thread