How would you go about using this list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

How would you go about using this list?

Im a new player to space marines, and i was wondering if you could tell me how to use this list.

hq
    Chapter master - termi armour, thunder hammer, storm shield= 195pts
    troops
    10 scouts - all snipers, camo cloaks= 170
    troops
    10 scouts - all snipers, camo cloaks, sergent telion= 220
    elites
    10 termi's - assault cannon, heavy flamer= 435
    elites
    5 assault termi's - thunder hammers, storm shields= 200
    dedicated - drop pod= 35
    elites
    venrable dreadnought - plasma cannon, heavy flamer, extra armour=200
    dedicated - drop pod, locater becon= 45

1500pts

Im am very thankful to dylon for making this but it came with no explantion and i dont even know if it could win.
    Thx!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Poorly j/k

You need power armor, or something scoring you can move to an objective at least. Scouts look real good holding an objective until your opponent reaches them, then they'll fold pretty quick.

Since you have a commander with a TH/SS and Termie armor, just dump 5 more pts and make him Lysander, the unholy murder machine.

Strategy-wise,
    I guess park the scouts on your objective and move the termies to contest others, but this list has serious mobiliy issues. I guess you could DS the termies, but it's highly unreliable. The build is just wierd, 15x termies? Also, your only Anti-armor, comes in the form of lumbering Melee units.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Expensive. Lysander is definately better for the points. A cheap librarian would be my preference to increase your model count. In combat terms this chapter master just adds more TH attacks which 2 extra TH terminators could easily do for far fewer points.

Elites: Combat squad the terminators. You cannot buy a drop pod for terminators. They would have to teleport or footslog. The dread costs a fortune! Palsma dreads can footslog easily and wouldn't need the flamer. 2 cheap MM dreads with drop pods would be better. Get heavy flamers too if you can afford it.

Troops: Should have more and make some of them able to advance. Immagine playinhg the scenario to grab 3 objectives and 2 of them are near your opponents deployment zone. What do you do with 20 sniper scouts? Keep 2 units of 5 scout snipers and get a tac squad or preferably 2. drop 5 terminators if you have to. Drop Telion.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

If you're going to drop pod in some terminators, use standard, NOT the assault termies. If you want those guys to get across the battlefield fast and safely they need a land raider, otherwise walk/run them up. I say, take your 10-man squad and split it in two, half in a drop pod and half either footslogging or in another drop pod.

Ditto on the power armour. Get yourself two tactical squad boxes, and you'll be all set, though the master needs something to go with him. He seems lonely running around loose like that. Maybe a veteran squad?
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

Well i pretty much knew there would be problems. I didnt exactly know who this dylon guy was, although i still thank him for the list i now know it is pretty much useless . The problem is i wanted a chapter based around termies because i like them so much. However it seems unlikeley that i can do that now since they lumber around so much. ANy way thanks guys! Im defineltley going to remake my list on army builder and post it to see what you think!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Yes, were you supposed to play AGAINST your friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Mr_NiD_ View Post
    Im a new player to space marines, and i was wondering if you could tell me how to use this list.

hq
    Chapter master - termi armour, thunder hammer, storm shield= 195pts
    troops
    10 scouts - all snipers, camo cloaks= 170
    troops
    10 scouts - all snipers, camo cloaks, sergent telion= 220
    elites
    10 termi's - assault cannon, heavy flamer= 435
    elites
    5 assault termi's - thunder hammers, storm shields= 200
    dedicated - drop pod= 35
    elites
    venrable dreadnought - plasma cannon, heavy flamer, extra armour=200
    dedicated - drop pod, locater becon= 45

1500pts

Im am very thankful to dylon for making this but it came with no explantion and i dont even know if it could win.
    Thx!
    Hey, first of all id like to say welcome to the Space Marines

Now about your list, it wouldnt be the list i took, but according to your question you want to know how to play it and not what army to use in its palce so here it goes.

HQ: U got him in termy armour and alone with no xport so id suggest attaching him to your assault termies atleast and spend the 35 points from there drop pod on something that would give him an invaulnerable save. THis will let the assault squad take some shots for him and back him up in any assualt he may and will surely make

Elites: you have 10 termies in a squad id suggest you either break that into 5 and 5 or keep em as 10 and rely on them to push the enemy and draw their attention away from your weaker scouts who are most effective providing covering fire.

Troops: Scouts your going to want to infultrate to critical locations that will allow them to tie up enemy squads (from range) so your terms and leader have enough time to march and meet the enemy with the least amount of casualties as possible. The scouts are effective at range but u get them melee and you'll be wishing they were marines

Heavy Support: Ven Dread, personally my favorite accet in any game. Dreads are armoured and strong able to lay out enough firepower to rival any fast vehicle. You'll find yourself indebted to this big guy many times in the future. Now the set up you have him at right now shows me he should be used for dropping in either near armour or dense enemy troop areas. His plasma cannon will punch holes in just about anything and the flamer will be nice for those dense squads, but even so looking at the rest of your army you may want to switch out the plasma for a Twin Linked Lass cannon (the rest of your army is lacking of ranged anti-V).

All in all id say your list is an assault army relying on the scouts to hold and the termies to clean up with a devistating assault .

But here are the faults to suc kan army, you face anyone with a good fire base (i.e Tau) your scouts are gunna find themselves ripped apart and your termies left in the open. agian id say swap the plasma on your dread for a twin linked lass as this will help agienst any pesky armour that is tearin u apart. YOu face anyone that can get good melee into your scouts quick (i.e Tyranids) than you'll find your covering advantage useless and agian your termies are left to try and win it for ya.

Agian good army and you should have tons of fun playing Space Marines man. Good Luck

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread and guess you moved on from this list, sorry my bad
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

if you wanna do a termie army drop that list and pick up Codex:space wolves of Dark Angels. if you do it as Dark Angels then you want Deathwing not Ravenwing.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as said before, your scouts are gonna get eaten if you have them hold objectives unless you shield them with your termies.

scouts are meant to stay behind your line and pin your opponent from afar, not up close unless you don't really care about them, but seeing as they're your only troops, that's not an option.

you should definitely pick up a Codex: Dark Angels and try out the deathwing rules because if you take Belial, Mater of the Deathwing (130pts) then ALL YOUR TERMINATORS BECOME TROOP CHOICES!

that way, you can still have your scouts perform their function from way back, and have your termies rip up your opponent's force and hold objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

Terminators as troops????? NO WAY! Thats amazingly cool! Do i need SM codex and DA codex for that? If so i think ill find a nice used one on the netty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast