Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey Knights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im just wondering is it better to just keep grey knights alone or could it be better with inducting imperial guards into it or allied with space marine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i dont think anyone can realy help you with that discription, what armys will you be facing? How many points? What kinda of play style do you use, combat, mixed, shootie?

Personly i like the idea of a pure GK army but thats just the idea, i take a platoon of guard for anti tank, i find this to be better than the other choices of a inquisitor, dred or landraider(which is also in the army).
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on how you want to play, and what armies you're playing against. Against a head on assault army, I'd take some inductees, as you may not win in combat against such armies (E.G: World Eaters, Tyranids). This is easily overcome with some strong firepower from inductees.

Against a shooting army, you may want to induct something fast from another army, but I'd probably stick with Grey Knights. They are probably the most useful option there.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not sure what army i would be facing but 2000 point army and it looks like grey knights arent that good to take out tanks since they have melta bomb to take out tanks (so far i know) and wondering should i take other forces (eg imperial guards or space marine) to take them out? Or is there any grey knight units I should take to help me take out tanks easier?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it really depends on the mission the opponent and your style of play.

personally i think it is pointless to ally with SM as the GKs are Sms but ten times better(and more costly)

but guard and/ or sisters and help a lot with the Gks weakpoint shooting

For a beginner i would recommend using guard for added firepower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

It depends 100% on your play style.

Grey Knights are expensive and few, but when used right can be devastating. They excel at HtH combat, and are weak on shooting.

Space Marines are better at shooting but worse at CC than a GK is. They still are better at CC than a Guardsman though. They work best with fast tactics (like Rhinos), so can support the slower GK by flanking or protecting them until they arrive in combat.

Imperial Guard are the best of the three at shooting (mainly because they have a lot more guns for the same points). They are horrible at CC. Their heavy weapons and vehicles can be used to support the GK from behind.

Myself, I'd lean towards inducting IG or using pure GK, but that's my style of play. I've seen all three varieties used wonderfully, so figure out your style and go from there. None of the choices are "bad", they all just require the force to be organized and used properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Megalomaniac I lean towards pure DH, more particularly towards pure GK. However, I am considering allying them with another force. That said, if I do it, the army will be Sob with heavy GK support in the form of a maxed squad bought as Fast Attack PAGK, and a max Termie or GK GM w/ Retinue bought as either Elites (NO GM termie squad) or HQ (GM w/Ret). In a large enough force I would bring all three.

Sisters are only a single point more expensive than an IST, have larger squad sizes, 3+ save and bolters to boot. Not to bad really. They definitely fill out the numbers. They operate at the same general range as GK ie.12-24". I would use the DSing FA/Elite gk in tandem with the seraphim squad to harass the enemy rear while advancing with my bolte armed sisters.

My ideal force would be something like:
    Sister Squad (20 models-troops)
    Sister Squad (20 Models-troops)
    Canoness (HQ)
    Seraphim (FA)
    PAGK (FA)
    GK Termie (Elite/HQ)
    Exorcist tank (x2)

I don't know what that works out to points wise but its where I am at for a starting point. I will then prune it down to fit the 1850pt battle that are most common where I live.

Evil Homer

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's better - and cooler - when the Daemonhunters are used as allies for other armies. They feel more like an 'elite' unit when fielded this way, instead of using an army consisting entirely of Grey Knights. In this way you don't have to be outnumbered every time you play, and have more options. My next addition to my Space Marine army will be an Inquisitor, along with his henchmen and Callidus assassin! Now that's cool...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its nice to combine some imperial guard with them , low enough points and they can throw down some nice fire
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut !

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the lateness of this reply but i have been AWOL for a couple of weeks and have only just returned. Anyway i would suggest maybe alling a unit of SoB as i knwo one unit (dominions i think) can get a immolator and 4 meltaguns, this woudl help against tanks as u oculd drive up, jump out, emlta the tanks and flame the guys when they get out. As long as u can protect the immolator until it needed to get out it could work wonders

just my 2 cents

(i have just had to face the same problem but as i am only playing pure GK i had limited options and so i now have a brand new LR for my anti-tank)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast