Best land Speeder - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Land Speeder do you use?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Land Speeder

9 16.98%
  • Land Speeder Tornado

20 37.74%
  • Land Speeder Typhoon

24 45.28%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best land Speeder

Which Land Speeder do you use most and what weapons. I use Typhoon with hbolter.

Last edited by isilder; December 27th, 2008 at 18:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't actually gotten any Land Speeders yet, but I think I'll be going Heavy Bolter with an additional Heavy Bolter Tornado-pattern. Helps me make any nasty heavy infantry go away.

Tornado is in general my favourite, since it can take on pretty much anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

i got 2 land speeders on is a typhoon with a multi-melta. the other is a tornado with heavy bolter and heavy flamer great for a BBQ. i really like my tornado more.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x1)

Haven't experimented with it yet, but I've been considering the application of 3x Tornado w/ 2x Heavy Flamers each in a Vulkan army. I think it'd be highly threatening to any infantry unit.
    Last edited by SMann233; December 28th, 2008 at 20:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though i havent got any, i think i'll buy several speeders with heavy bolters. Are they good on the tabletop? I hope, because they look really good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I have 2 MM's and 1 HB with AC. Haven't used them yet!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Typhoon forever and always. I think it has more use out of all the other varients, though i can see myself using a multi-melta for anti tank support. The typhoon is all around good and you can fire both the Typhoon launcher(blast) and the HB when moving because the typhoon is a defensive weapon. The range is also incredible. The range that the typhoon offers means your land speeder does not have to perform its normal front line role which more times than not will not see it past turn 2-3. High str for anti tank and blast templates(+ HB ) for anti infantry, this thing has it all. With a typhoon you are ready to take on all commers.

I would love to take more assault cannons, i mean how could you not like them. But the problem is they do not have good enough range and that means you are way to close to the enemy with your speeder. So tornado is out for me, cant risk 80 points like that(and a good target for any eneym weapon...).

The Multi-Melta speeder is a great choice for anti tank. The only advantage is being able to fly over terrain. And for 10 points more than an attack bike im not sure that id even take it. An attack bike will you get you an armour save, a good toughness, and more than one wound. It also does not suffer from the damage chart and vhicle squadron rules(imobilized is destroyed).

Nox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Isao Nox View Post
    The typhoon is all around good and you can fire both the Typhoon launcher(blast) and the HB when moving because the typhoon is a defensive weapon. The range is also incredible. The range that the typhoon offers means your land speeder does not have to perform its normal front line role which more times than not will not see it past turn 2-3. High str for anti tank and blast templates(+ HB ) for anti infantry, this thing has it all. With a typhoon you are ready to take on all commers.
    How is the Missle Launcher a defensive weapon? It is still S5, so 6" movement is all you can do and shoot both.

I agree though It is my favorite Speeder too. The range that you talked about is soo important and also the fact that it isn't such a 'dangerous' target. As soon as you put an Assault cannon or a Multimelta on, the enemy will start to shoot at it. Blast weapon are way better in 5th ed, and hense the huge price increase in the Missle launcher upgrade. I play Ravenwing, so my upgrade is still 10pts

Cheers, DH
    Last edited by Diggums Hammer; December 29th, 2008 at 16:03.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer View Post
    How is the Missle Launcher a defensive weapon? It is still S5, so 6" movement is all you can do and shoot both.

I agree though It is my favorite Speeder too. The range that you talked about is soo important and also the fact that it isn't such a 'dangerous' target. As soon as you put an Assault cannon or a Multimelta on, the enemy will start to shoot at it. Blast weapon are way better in 5th ed, and hense the huge price increase in the Missle launcher upgrade. I play Ravenwing, so my upgrade is still 10pts

Cheers, DH
    Missile launcher is defensive if you shoot the str 4 blast.

Your point about enemies not targetting it is right on. I think nobody knows just how good the Typhoon is and so they ignore it, at least till you shoot it the first time and wipe out a squad...

Nox

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Tornado! Tears apart infantry with a HB and an AC.

I would love to take more assault cannons, i mean how could you not like them. But the problem is they do not have good enough range and that means you are way to close to the enemy with your speeder. So tornado is out for me, cant risk 80 points like that(and a good target for any eneym weapon...).
    With the new skimmer rules, they are pretty hard to take down.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast